Talking with one of the management at Saltholme today and I asked a question!

As you know there have been big problems with the Community Forum since the uprade! Well another concern has been on my mind since the refreshed new RSPB reserve listings that have been available to see since around September 2023. Well since that upgrade there are a number of important part of the reserve detains still missing. And I asked one of the management at Saltholme about the maps of each reserve that have still not reapeared. And I asked the question in two parts. When are the maps with the details of the footpaths and the hides along with the viewing points going be put back with each reserve. And also why is it taken so long to include the maps of each reserve. And to my shock. The reply was that the decision was not to include the detailed maps of each RSPB reserve in the recent upgrade. Well if the RSPB call this an improvement. If what I was told is allegedly true, that is not an improvement. I will say right now I don’t know if what I was told is true. But if that is allegedly true!! That would concern me. Also at present missing the detailed lists of the different detailed wildlife that can be seen in all four seasons at those reserves have still not reapeared. When the RSPB always say that there’s going to be a new refreshed look. That often means less detail as seems to be the case yet again!

Regards,

Ian.

• I noticed on the RSPB Birders Facebook Group that there is a thread running there with people complaining about much the same:

no reserve maps, much less information about birds etc 

So its not just the Forum Users who dislike the new RSPB Webpages, but sadly install won't make any difference.