The scariest road in England! Brace yourself for Hardknott Pass!

https://youtu.be/6asP36lSRDw?si=ZLT1WLVdrCMFjRl

When my Father and Mother and my brother and me used to do a lot of walking up the mountains and fells of Scotland, Wales and England of which I could do up until about 10 years ago And Hard Knott Pass and possibly the scariest pass that you can drive your car over in England. My Father drove over this pass alongside Wrynose Pass to get to Wasdale Head and Wastwater the deepest lake in England. Has anyone in recent years drove there cars over Hardknott Pass and Wrynose  Pass to get do Wasdale or elsewhere. Link above is showing someone driving over Hardknott Pass.

Regards,

Ian.

• At some time in the past 15-20 years. The ridged/textured concrete surface on Hardknott. It is a tad steep.

Although (from my own personal encounters) the scariest one for me was Newlands Hause (descending toward Buttermere). Made it up one side and started down, only to discover a fairly long section of the road was covered from one side to the other with sheet ice. Just about made it across.

But not quite as scary as spinning a car on black ice on the M6 and broadsiding the central barrier, going backwards.