History seems to be repeating itself

Referring to the deletion of Robbo's and Alan's accounts it seems it's about to happen again!!  Longtime contributor Hazy, who has been on a fifteen month break due to health problems, has tried to return only to find these messages from RSPB ... I will post copies of her emails to me as she is currently prevented from doing so herself .... I have also sent email to HQ in support and bringing up the question of her being flagged maliciously during the Peewit affair, you may remember that this abusive poster was trying to track down a certain Hazel Jacobson who she held responsible for her being banned all those years ago??  ****Morning Wendy,

Sorry to send another message but I just tried to post up a message on the forum for the first time in 15 months and received this automated response from RSPB  the minute I pressed post.   !     .>…….

Dear HAZY:

Your forum thread, Brief hello from Hazy but maybe a long goodbye !, in The Tea Rooms was flagged by other users as inappropriate and doesn't appear on the site right now.

Reason: The author is identified as abusive.

Please help us keep the community content safe and enjoyable for everyone. If you feel your content shouldn't be hidden from the site, please let us know. You can use this form to appeal the finding before 28 Jan 2024 9:08 AM, and we'll promptly review it.

The computer system at RSPB has one heck of a glitch in it when it can flag people up during a long absence  LOL.  !!!      you have to laugh if it wasn’t so ridiculous.          Please feel free to let others on the community know what has happened (I have copied the post I tried to put up on the community ). as I fear it will keep happening to people like Robbo, Alan and myself.     Do wonder what is going on when the software is causing these bizarre false flaggings and messages from rspb.         Here’s me ready to return after your kind persuasion only to find I’m locked out of the community LOL.  !!!       Deadline tonight but nobody at rspb seems to be receiving the appeals and it just keeps saying account due to be deleted.  ****
This is the message Hazy wished to post to all forum members

Hello forum friends and hope this message finds you all well and continuing to enjoy your birding adventures.       After a long break from the forum and lovely off community catch ups with some of you I signed back in after 15 months but still hadn't posted up anything since 2022.     Bizarrely,   I received notification from RSPB that my account was flagged for spam  despite the fact I hadn't even been on the community for a year and quarter !        I have heard that this has happened to others including  Robbo and Alan where their accounts were falsely flagged and deleted so guessing this is some software glitch in the computer system causing problems.      Feel a bit like the post office scandal being accused of something I am innocent of although nothing like the dreadful trauma that those poor post masters/mistresses suffered due to a computer software glitch.       

I do hope to return at some stage but fear my account will be falsely deleted later today despite no wrong-doing LOL   I have submitted an appeal upon receiving the first message from RSPB and they acknowledged receipt of that appeal.    Subsequently, I have received a second message stating ..............

Dear HAZY:

A few days ago we emailed you about your user account. That message was to let you know your account was flagged as inappropriate. You have until 21 Jan 2024 9:23 PM to send us an appeal using this form. Note that if you don't appeal the abusive finding, your account will be permanently deleted on 21 Jan 2024 9:23 PM

I have tried using the form link again to re-submit  but it says I have already submitted my appeal,  hence I can do nothing but sit on "death row"  waiting for my account to be terminated later today  LOL.   

This is what the form link takes me to:     Thank you, your response has been submitted. Your appeal will be reviewed promptly. A decision will be sent to  xxxxx@gmail.com

I have written an email to RSPB querying how I could be flagged up when I haven't been logged in for over 15 months and never posted anything that could be spam or abusive  but I fear nobody is in the office or will see my email until tomorrow which is after the deadline !      To be honest, I am not unduly worried but you do need to be aware that with these weird glitches in the system it can happen to any of you as not sure what triggers these errors.      Maybe it auto-generated the glitch when I signed back in  a week or two ago after such a long time absent - who knows.  !!    

So do take care all of you and sorry if I am unable to get back on to the community to maybe start posting again.    X

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Zo Clark said:

I dont usualy look at the RSPB website unless its for conservation news and I havnt checked the conservation news on there or weather they have completed the website cause I havnt had time so I dont know but we will just have to wait until January is over then of its still not complete go from there  

I said clearly this has happened many times before. Promises and surveys  done many times in previous years and then nothing more heard fro, the RSPB over a long period of years. Not just at this present time. But in previous years. I’ve learnt not to believe anything sadly from the RSPB in recent times on this forum. It was different when there where full time moderators, lead by Mrs T(Clair) including moderators on duty during the evening and at weekends) Also bugs in the software have never been put right on this forum. including some bugs causing problems years ago which has never been fixed by the Digital Team. Also many previous long term members of this forum left because of these problem’s!

Regards,

Ian.

• This was two off Mrs T’s(Clair posts) as she was the senior moderator. Above was one of the few times that any action was taken. Mrs T was well liked. Also if any member of this forum had any queries, she would contact management and return with a reply for any member from this community forum. There were other full time moderators as well. But Mrs T was the senior moderator at that time until her retirement. Sadly missed by members of the RSPB Community Forum at the time she retired.

Regards,

Ian.

• Just a test to see if this post loads ,,,,,,,,,,,,,  I have heard nothing back from rspb despite 5 emails to various teams.   Maybe my next email will be addressed to the legacy team which currently have me listed !

Regards, Hazel 

• that will more likely serve to comfuse people. Hazy hasnt done anything wrong she had been away when she for some reason got reported even though she isnt a abusive poster . . no we dont know weather it has anything to do with peewit aswell as a fault in the system but that is what we will (hopefuly) find out
    heres Wendys most recent updade from the previous page so no one gets comfused

The latest email from Hazy which I post with her permission ...
    ****Hi Wendy,
    Still haven’t heard anything back from RSPB despite using their form to appeal, also emailing the web team, the membership team and finally Beccy Speight today. !! Thanks again to you and everyone for your very kind support and efforts on my behalf, I can read all the posts with no problem and even use the like (or spam/abuse !! ) tabs but still can’t post replies. I have the feeling it could be a combination of technical glitches with it flagging up abuse when no replies or posts were carried out but also maybe stems back to 15 months ago when I came off the forum whilst Bee-Eater (her account name at the time) was causing trouble and possibly flagged up many of us out of pure spite and misconceptions. I think when I activated my login a week or two ago it may have had her previous malicious flagging still in the system and it thus reactivated the automatic response from rspb when I logged back in after 15 months ? It’s the only thing I can imagine happened to cause this error. Hopefully, I will hear back from one of the departments I have contacted within RSPB especially with the latest deadline for my account removal looming. I’ll keep you all updated if I hear anything back so keep the home fires burning and a spare seat at the community table in the hopeful anticipation that I can eventually rejoin you all. ! Thanks to everyone as I am very humbled by all the support. XX Aitch****

• the main RSPB website is a good example of how un reliable the RSPB can be sometimes but it doesnt have anything to do with the forum. sugestions for Hazy or any updates on Hazys situation which is what Wendys post is about. 

yes we could do with moderators like Miss T Claire 

and the forum does have some bugs but we dont actualy know weather it has anything to do with Hazys situation or the peewit scenario Hazy mentioned  for sure yet so no one knows. 

im surprised how quiet it is considering Hazy can see any suggestions people make and only very few people have made any. youv made one and Robbos made one and Hazy will decide weather to try the sugestions on here or not. iv been too busy and  I cant think of any really cause I dont know enough but Yours and Robbos are thr best sugestions 

• I see there's now a reply from Hazy on the 1st page,... I'm pretty sure I didn't miss it at the time!
  • Also this in my notification but don't see it on the site if that makes sense?
    community.rspb.org.uk/.../brief-hello-from-hazy-but-maybe-a-long-goodbye

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• hello Hazy. thats good you have finaly managed to comment 

• yes Iv seen that one aswell and  the comment  on this page. I saw this one first then when I saw your comment I went to see if I could see her comment on the first page aswell.  I dont know when it apeared cause I was away and not online but Iv only just seen the notification. it waant there when I commented though otherwise I would of replyed to her 

• I couldnt see it either but it is visable now you have commented on it