Yes it's 2024- the YEAR LIST again

Went out on Jan 1st all day around  the West Sussex coast while staying at friends and didn't see a Skylark, a Reed Bunting  or a Little Grebe !!

Back in Norfolk  on the local fields and villages got the list to 107:

Yesterday did a morning  around the fens and  got the list up to 121 - Nuthatch, Yellowhammer,  Crossbill, Whoopers, 

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box

• And I'll be monitoring ready for the holiday in Cromer myself and Mrs PR are having later in the year.

• This weekend -
    Best Birding Buddy was up - he hadn't seen a Dunlin this year yet... or a Turnstone ... or a Grey Plover:

We managed to get to 129 ..AND saw the North Sea for the first time this year!
    Barn Owl and Scaup and Ruff and Spoonbill in the Titchwell area
    ( Little Owl, LEO , SEO and Crane near home)

S

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box

• annnnnd...

Found a pair of Corn Buntings nor far from the village- :)

• Hi-

had an early visit to Fen Drayton RSPB- only saw 1 other birder-

Saw 9 Spp of warbler and Turtle Dove, a White Stork flew over several  Bitterns and frolicking Otters Slight smile

Year list now 159

• seymouraves said:

Hi-

had an early visit to Fen Drayton RSPB- only saw 1 other birder-

Saw 9 Spp of warbler and Turtle Dove, a White Stork flew over several  Bitterns and frolicking Otters Slight smile

Year list now 159

Nice to see the otters.  Thumbsup

• I visited another good area near me- got there at 0600 and saw virtually no one-

Grasshopper warbler was showing well and Turtle Doves, Cuckoos, Bar Tailed Godwits and a migrant Red Backed Shrike- there  seem to be a few about atm

List is now 161