Tumour or Avian Pox?

Just noticed tit in my garden with what looks like a tumour.

Is this a tumour or avain pox?

Thanks

Sorry pics not great.

• Sorry nobody has replied..very quiet on here at this time of year. For me it too hard to say from your photos. All you can to is make sure you wash your feeders regularly with hot soapy water and allow to air dry...should you see any more birds show up with growths then probably best put the feeders away for a few weeks incase it is avian pox.

You can read more about disease in our garden birds in the link below and hopefully that will help you make a diagnosis 

https://www.bto.org/our-science/projects/gbw/gardens-wildlife/garden-birds/disease/avian-pox

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Thank you for replying.

We do wash feeder regularly. This is the first time this particular bird has shown in the garden, as the feeder is at the kitchen window we see the birds several times a day.

All others appear very healthy (love watching the tits, blue, long tail and great, along with nuthatches and robins competeing (taking it in turns) to dive bomb the table.

Will keep an eye oot for this one returning.

(A ken the Scottish twang).

Happy Hogmanay, when it comes.
  • Your welcome..sadly it happens from time to time birds just show up in our gardens that have avian pox..I think I had to put all my feeders away about 3 times this year to birds showing up with growths....its what's best for them in the end..Happy I have a garden full today despite the awful weather.

Best wishes to you and yours ;-)

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)