Post your Christmas cards here 2023

Let’s kickstart the Christmas Card thread for 2023.

OK, I know it's still November, but December is less than a week away, and I've a busy couple of weeks (I'd rather not have) leading up to Christmas.

Last year’s contributions were good, as with previous years, and I’m sure this year, 2023, will be just as good

Last year’s thread; Post your Christmas cards here 2022, for those who want to have a look back is HERE.

https://community.rspb.org.uk/chat/f/the-tea-rooms/282002/post-your-christmas-cards-here-2022

• Merry Christmas everyone from me an' Billy. I hope you get all that you want, and want all you get. Me and Billy are doing the usual - Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and till lunchtime on Boxing Day at my sister's in Buxton, back home for a few beers with my mate at the local, Boxing Day night, then off to the Lakes for three nights, before returning for the New Years Eve festivities - a Chinese at mine, then off to the local for several. Last year it was 4.00am when I went to bed. I'm glad it's only once a year, I'm too old for all this enjoyment ...

• Am sure you and Billy will have a wonderful time this year again BD...mind take the camera with you ;-)

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• I'm in now and after over a week I has interwebs. And a TV operating on an indoor aerial. Let's say that evening entertainment has been rather restricted in the immediate past. And moving my 'stuff' by the carload has resulted in some periods of lower back pain. Heck, I've even bought some mince pies so I must be getting past the move and into the groove.

I'm now urban, having gone from the immediate edge of rural. Bird life is definitely different, although open spaces are not that far away. I think I'm gonna have to put in some work to gain garden wildlife visitors. Next summer will be a small pond for starters. The rear elevation of the place is ideally oriented for some high level bird boxes, so I have a vague hope of some hirundine-related bird abodes. Whether they'll come to anything is a wait-and-see. But if you don't try you'll never know.
  • tuwit said:
    I'm in now and after over a week I has interwebs. And a TV operating on an indoor aerial. Let's say that evening entertainment has been rather restricted in the immediate past. And moving my 'stuff' by the carload has resulted in some periods of lower back pain. Heck, I've even bought some mince pies so I must be getting past the move and into the groove.

I'm now urban, having gone from the immediate edge of rural. Bird life is definitely different, although open spaces are not that far away. I think I'm gonna have to put in some work to gain garden wildlife visitors. Next summer will be a small pond for starters. The rear elevation of the place is ideally oriented for some high level bird boxes, so I have a vague hope of some hirundine-related bird abodes. Whether they'll come to anything is a wait-and-see. But if you don't try you'll never know.

Well done on the move. I can visualise the culture shock moving to an urban home. I'm lucky, we have lots of trees and shrubs for birds to frequent. Enjoy those hard earned mince pies.  Thumbsup

• Awwwwwww Blush

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Love it! Give them both a cuddle from me ... Hugging

• I was joking with my friend about why I wasn't putting up a tree or decorations this year due to having a raider in the house and he created this for me - it sums up my vision of the chaos

Cin J

• Well, it is that time of year again.  I would like to wish all my fellow community friends a very Happy Christmas. Hope you have a lovely festive, get lots of presents, eat, drink and have a fun filled time, with family and friends.

Best wishes CL x

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.