Storm Ciaran

I hope all our SW peeps are ok.  PB are you far enough inland to have avoided damage? 

The boys and I are safe, currently no power and can’t safely leave the house as it’s my trees that have brought the lines down and the car is also under some of it.  I’ll update and post photos once it’s safe to go out.  The power company and tree team can’t actually get to the area due to trees down all around.  I’ve got off lightly compared to some down on the East of the Island

Boys are a bit fed up 

CinJ

Cin J

• It is always painful when a tree comes down.

Eucalaptus?

I was on the margin of the flood warning, and the outcome was as I anticipated. Surface water flooding on the road. But (given some footage captured by another) it could have been another outcome.
  • Aww ..hes super adorable C.....glad to hear from you again after watching so many terrible vids on the news...hope the clean up and repairs get done fast...
    Take care
    X

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• That's good to read you're ok, and everyone else, after storm Ciaran.

Fortunately here we didn't suffer damage, just a lot of leaves blown around and high water levels. It was unsettling watching the huge tower structures used for the construction of HS2, my heart was trembling at the thought if one toppled and the nearby houses became crushed!

regards

John

• And........breath

Finally back up and running at of 19.45 this evening.  It has been a very interesting experience and not one I'd like to repeat in a hurry.

The car will need a visit to the body shop and a new windscreen

Hopefully the tree surgeons will be able rescue the most damaged trees - I've reduced the Olive in the hope that we can get it back up and staked - they are tough things

Looking at the damage around the Island it's incredible more people were not more seriously hurt

Cin J

• Am sure it will still take some time to get back to some sort of normality C...thanks for the update....
    Oh and hope the car get fixed soon and insurance covers it!

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• I don't reckon it was wind... I reckon the Bear wanted to play fetch so just pulled a branch down for you to lob for him Cin Grinning