RSPB going to introduce free admission for under 24s to RSPB reserves from early November 2023 on a two year trial! The Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2023/oct/30/rspb-to-give-under-24s-free-access-to-its-nature-reserves-in-youth-revolution-aoe

The RSPB to introduce free admission to RSPB reserves for under 24’s from early November 2023 in a two year trial. From the Guardian Newspaper.

Regards,

Ian.

• Well it shouldn’t bother you. At least the RSPB are going to start a 2 year trial! If it succeed that is good news! If not at least the RSPB have tried. So at least the RSPB have started a two year trial!. Will other wildlife conservation organisations do the same? See what the results are after two years and then comment and I’ll do the same! But I know from both RSPB Saltholme and WWT Washington Wetlands, that there are regular large school parties on Monday-Friday. I know some members from both organisations don't like this happening. Well I don’t mind!

Regards,

Ian.

• As prev, do you know how much groups pay? Also, if they already go as you have just said, how will getting rid of charging them (if they currently are) change anything other than less money for the charity?

Yes, a trial, and see how it goes……..but not sure what the measurables are! More visitors? Less income? More shop sales? More people joining? Most things in life are unmeasurable.
  • Yes I don’t know, you don’t know! A two year trial! If it’s a great success. I will be pleased. Maybe it won’t! That is what a trial is for!

Regards,

Ian.

• Clare Bailey said:
    stealthybutnotthatstealthy said:
    I can't see it making much difference

I can - think about school and college trips.  I can see the numbers of those increasing.

End of quote ***********************************************

I said I was happy with discounts for full time education - so make it free. However I suspect that there are large numbers of 18- 24 year olds that are earning plenty of disposable income, more than OAPs. It also still doesn't alter the possibility that the mid 20s early 30s are the hard years - house buying, family starting etc. But hey, lets go with hitting the old folk, Mayne they shouldn't be let out to somewhere that they might be less lonely.

• Here below is the total youth membership of the RSPB for 2021-2022! And i will find the RSPB’s latest annual report with the present financial RSPB report. Shortly. If any member wanted to ask such questions, they can register for the RSPB’s AGM like I do every year and ask such a question. I register most years unless it’s a Saturday when I’m away for day on a monthly bird watching coach trip!

Regards,

Ian.

• www.rspb.org.uk/.../annual-report

Above the latest RSPB Annual Report as well the RSPB’s Treasurers report. Also anyone can watch a full recording of the entire RSPB’s 2023 AGM. I also taken part on Saturday for a members discussion on RSPB reserves.

https://www.rspb.org.uk/whats-happening/annual-general-meeting

And above the complete full recording of the RSPB’s AGM which anyone can watch including non-members. But only RSPB members can now take part watching live if they register in advance!

Regards,

Ian.

• Unknown said:

Yes I don’t know, you don’t know! A two year trial! If it’s a great success. I will be pleased. Maybe it won’t! That is what a trial is for!

As above, how would anyone know? What are the measurables?

• Do you register for the RSPB AGM? I’m guessing you a member. WinkWinkWink if you are a member and haven’t taken part in a RSPB AGM. Do so next year! If you’ve taken part in a RSPB AGM! That’s good! I asked a question or questions every year if possible. If you don’t register as an RSPB member and it’s free then you don’t get to know a lot more about the RSPB!

Regards,

Ian.

• Bobs_Retired said:

Clare Bailey said:
    stealthybutnotthatstealthy said:
    I can't see it making much difference

I can - think about school and college trips.  I can see the numbers of those increasing.

End of quote ***********************************************

I said I was happy with discounts for full time education - so make it free. However I suspect that there are large numbers of 18- 24 year olds that are earning plenty of disposable income, more than OAPs. It also still doesn't alter the possibility that the mid 20s early 30s are the hard years - house buying, family starting etc. But hey, lets go with hitting the old folk, Mayne they shouldn't be let out to somewhere that they might be less lonely.

if you where a member Bob you could take in the RSPB’s AGM and it’s free. RSPB members have to register. I take part most years and ask questions and get clear answers. Not enough RSPB members take part in the AGM and then complain about certain subjects. If more RSPB members registeredand asked questions instead of complaining . And as lots of questions can’t be answered on the day. They get a clear reply 2-3 weeks later as has happened to me. Any RSPB member can register, and then you can then take part and watch online. On this coming Saturday I’m taken part in a discussion about RSPB reserve. I registered for that as an RSPB member who took part at this AGM. There where a few places left for RSPB members who hadn’t registered or took part in this years AGM upto a few days ago!

Regards,

Ian.

• ORGANISATIONAL REACH??? I love buzzwords- :)

A new GCSE sponsored by the Gov? It's their policies not protecting the environment anyway....

A top grade might be embarrassing - or impossible :)

S

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box