New RSPB Website Has Just Launched after Midnight into Friday.

Regards,

Ian.

• I have a few criticisms of the new look  RSPB reserve listing of which I hope are only temporary. First reserves such as Saltholme and the Dean Valley have a number of smaller satellite reserves. Saltholme has 3 small reserves like that near to Saltholme of which you can visit. And even more small Satellite reserve near to Old Moor. Why is nothing mentioned about those small reserves with the new look.. Also I don’t like the way the RSPB always use the words refreshing the RSPB website.I hope that is not going to mean less detail, for those that like a quick read. If that means  less detail I would not be happy. Just as the RSPB changed the old style RSPB magazine and when changed the RSPB used the word refreshing for the new style and now look magazine. So now I hardly ever read that magazine with no serious article like at one time there was and it was worth reading as a serious read with very interesting serious thoughtful articles. I must be honest that the present RSPB magazine which over the last 2-3 years seems to have become a campaigning tool for the RSPB with less serous articles with less pages and mainly campaigning non stop about the RSPB and no serious articles. Just my thoughts and how I feel and how I feel when any organisation uses the word refreshing and then that always has me very worried!

Regards,

Ian.

• I’ve had more time to look at this so called refreshing new look. It certainly is a new look. And a huge disappointment just as I expected! Now no detailed reserve maps of those reserves that were available to look at.in detail! Now no maps of those reserves at present. If there are plans to include those maps again at a later date. When is that going to happen. Is to take a lengthy period. Why did the management not wait until everything had been tested and all of that detail could have been included straight away. Because as things stand, the new refreshed look of the new style RSPB reserve listing are of no good to me. That’s how I feel as this new refreshed reserve listings is lacking in any detail!

Regards,

Ian.

• I know that as I’ve been a member of this forum for a long time! So need not tell me that! But it’s been rushed as usual by the RSPB,, as has always been the case! And I’ve been a member long to know this. And this has happened again as has happened many times before!

Regards,

Ian.

• “ it’s been rushed as usual by the RSPB,, as has always been the case! “

so they could of taken more days and time on it as in rather than get all the other stuff done and ready then add everything else in time or at a later timeline  that’s missing from the site  they they could of  added everything - both old and new  rather than just the new things and more simple things before they have even  properly finished adding everything they need to add to the new site 

• I don’t know what you’re talking about. It’s easy enough to delay the new website and still have all the information. At the moment the new website is hopeless. It would have been better delaying the launch of the website and keeping the old website until all of the testing had been done. At the moment the new website is no good to me as it stands. Unless you’re happy with the new website as it stands which at this present is lacking in any information and at the present time the old website would have been far better than the present new website. Unless you can tell me otherwise.

Regards,

Ian.