British Birds Journal

https://britishbirds.co.uk/

For anyone that has never read monthly British Birds Journal. It is better than any of the monthly glossy wild bird magazines and is very much scientific base. I’ve now subscribed to the British Birds Journal for sometime now and this journal is for the serious active birdwatcher! Link above explains more!

Regards,

Ian.

• Hi-

BB is also available online- you can access the whole archive :)

S

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box

I also knew that! I read back to the archives before the First World War. I subscribe to the printed version.. But I’ve got access right to before the First World War. When you read those early British Birds journal you can see how thw landscape has changed with the changes over more than 109 years. It is a really valuable resource being able to do that as a subscriber to the monthly British  Birds journal. Here is an example. And the photo I’ve taken is from the first  rituah Burds Journal published in May 1907 It is a valuable resource as scientific journal about British Birds and valuable scientific papers which British Birds subscribers can access all the way back to May 1907.

Regards,

Ian.

• I can’t send any link of the various article as the links wouldn’t work as you have ti be a subscriber ti the British Birds journal ti read all the archive journals going back to 1907. One of the articles from 1907 is about the Osprey with only one solitary pair left breeding, before the Osprey became extinct as. A UK breeding bird in1910 and no more regular/nesting Ospreys if any at all with. regularly breeding again until 1958 until the return to Loch Garten around 1958. I took a photo of start of this long article from 1907 the first edition of the British Birds Journal.

Regards,

Ian.