6 Total Solar Eclipses in theUK in the 22nd century and the Saros Cycle

There will be 6Total Solar Eclipses in the next century in the UK. Yes that’s true. And that is explained by thw Saris cycle. More later about that

Now here are the list of those 6Total Solar Eclioses in the UK in the 22nd century.

Regards,

Ian.

• youtube.com/watch

Ii couldn’t send the link about an article about Saros Cycle and Eclipses. So here’s a short 20 minute film about the saros cycle.

Regards,

Ian.

•      This from an article from NASA about the saros cycle an eclipses. Sorry the way it’s been sent.

Regards,

Ian.

• Unknown said:

There will be 6Total Solar Eclipses in the next century in the UK. Yes that’s true. And that is explained by thw Saris cycle. More later about that

Now here are the list of those 6Total Solar Eclioses in the UK in the 22nd century.

Let's see if I can manage to be around for that third one - I'll be in my eighties!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• I don't think I'll make the 3rd one

Cin J

• What effect are these (momentary) solar eclipses meant to have? Even if there are six in the next century?

OK - people can jump on a plane and see one.

The birds may think there's an additional sunset and sunrise, and there'll be a few extra dawn choruses.
  • Unknown said:

I must ask you a question have ever seen a Total Solar Eclipse yourself in person with clear Sky’s. Well maybe you shoukd watch this short film/video yourself. If you have seen a Total Eclipse yourself then I can say no more. But you’re in a minority if you think that after seeing a Total Solar Eclipse in person with a clear sky! Short film/video titled and not taken by me. Titled; Total Solar Eclipse! Day turns to night! Our Total Eclipse Experience! And I’ve put this link up a number of times in other threads. There are members as well on this forum who have seen a Total Solar Eclipse in person like myself and before I witnessed a Total Solar Ecliose in 1999 not in Cornwall as I thought it would be cloudy as it was, but in Austria along the centre of the moons shadow in Austria. Do you know after watching this short film what that bright light is surrounding the sun. Also thst you see prominences as well and that all round at 360 you can see what looks like a 360 sunset all around the horizon of which is actually the area of where the dun is not completely covered by the moon. Also 5-10 minutes before totality something interesting happens with shadows on the ground which happens at no other time. And I tell you this I’m glad that I experienced this myself and there is another Total Solar Eclipse in a small area in Europe in 2026 and 2027 but sadly not in the UK where in this country it will be partial. After 2027 it will a long time in  this century until the next Total Solar Eclipse in Europe.

youtube.com/watch

Regards,

Ian.

• Germain said:
    I don't think I'll make the 3rd one

Well there are two Total Solar Eclipses in 2026 and 2027 in parts of Europe. After 2027 it will be many years until another Total Solar Eclipse in Europe takes place. It will only be partial in the UK in those two years. After 2027 you will have to gtravel to other parts of the world to see a Total Solar Eclipse outside of Europe.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=cgxZ4H3gJ8c&feature=shareb
    This is another short film/video and a talk called; You owe it to yourself to experience a Total Solar Eclipse.

Regards,

Ian.

• I remember the one of 1999. We have had a fabulous week of weather that week and on the day it was overcast and drizzled.

Cin J

• Germain said:
    I remember the one of 1999. We have had a fabulous week of weather that week and on the day it was overcast and drizzled.

That is why I went to Austria and saw the Total Solar Eclipse with my own eyes.

https://www.andreaplanet.com/andrea/eclipse/

This link is a blog of someone’s experience of the 1999 Total Solar Eclipse in Austria. Not my blog. And the link now works. And I actually felt the same for those two minutes in Austria as the individual with her experience. I’m not religeous in any way. But sadly I won’t be travelling abroad again. But in 1999 I made that extra effort to see the 1999 Total Solar Eclipse. You never get the full effect o n TV or online. To see what is happening around you you have to be there to experience the full affect around you and hope you get clear Sky’s on the day of the eclipse. But for anyone who has never witnessed a Total Solar Eclipse. Well again I mention 2026 and 2027 in Europe. After 2027 it will be many years until another Total Solar Eclipse in Europe and ever longer until the UK’s next Total Solar Eclipse happens in 2090 before the 22nd century when there are multitude of chances of seeing Total Solar Eclipse in the UK. But sadly I won’t be around then!

Regards,

Ian.