Injured bird

Hello , I’m new here. I have a blackbird I’m feeding separately in my garden as he has some terrible damage to one side of his head( looks like a growth ) It’s getting worse now ( worse since the photo) and sometimes bleeds . He can fly but obviously not a well bird . He eats and  drinks . 
should I just continue with this ? Let nature take its course or try and take him somewhere. Local groups seem to be saying no at the moment to small birds because of bird flu . Is this right ? 
many advice would be welcome . Blush  

• It's a difficult one am afraid and I ain't sure you will get too many replies as the forum is pretty quiet...I had a Great tit show up with several sores on head and body..most likely avian pox but I ain't sure if that's the case with you BB...I removed all feeders and water vessels that I could (to stop the spread) and deep cleaned them all and shall resume feeding in a couple of months time. I really can't tell with your video..could be mites but you said it looks like a growth..might be best contacting the BTO and asking for advice.

You could try the email below

gbw@bto.org

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)