Astronomy and the night sky!

Since 1958 and as a 5 year old I was in interested in birdwatching etc and Astronomy. I used to love watching The Sky At Night with Patrick Moore. Who present the The Sky At Night e every, every year and present The Sky At Night with 12 monthly episodes from 1957 until his death around  2012, except for 1 episode. And after he sadly died. I found out about the NASA  website and app. Also as I found out there are two 24 NASA TV channels broadcast worldwide free of charge which includes a mixture of live and recorded programmes. Live Astronomical events as well as launches of Satellites in to space broadcast live. On the NASA there are thousands upon thousands of photographs from NASA including from the Hubble and James Webb Telescope. With some amazing photo’s. When I was young I had a small Astronomical Telescope. Of which I could see the rings if Saturn so very clearly along with Jupiters 4 largest Moons as well as own Moon with craters so clearly seen in a very small telescope. Here are a few ohoto from thousands upon thousands that anyone can look at. The NASA App with 2 24 hour NASA channels can be downloaded free of charge along with the 2 NASA 24 online TV channels.

Regards,

Ian.

• www.nasa.gov/.../nasa_tv_schedule_for_web_week_of_1-9-2023_rev._a.pdf
    Again as usual I hope this link works. This is the 7 day 24 hour NASA public TV online schedule from Monday 9th January 2022-until next Sunday Any programme that has a yellow background is a live broadcast. Live broadcasts are subject to change.,.some countries worldwide can receive NASA’s 24 hour public TV channel straight through onto there TV. Sadly not in the UK. a Chromecast Adaptor can transfer this channel to your TV. I’m not sure whether this channel is available automatically through smart TV’s and you may need a Chromecast Adaptor or some similar type of addaptor. The 24 hour NASA Media TV is also available free of charge to anyone and can be transferred to your TV the same way. But there is no 24 hour 7 day schedule available to see for NASA’s media online TV schedule. The link above does work.r

Regards,

Ian.

• apps.apple.com/.../id334325516
    https://www.nasa.gov/nasaapp
    The first link is for any anyone who had apple iPads/iPhones to get the NASA App free of charge.
    The second link will be a help for those with other mobile devices to get the NASA app free of charge.

Regards,

Ian.

• The next long major live broadcast on NASA Tv will be the USA Astronaughts Spacewalk outside of the International Space Station. These live broadcasts can last up to 7 hour plus In length. Also the Russian Cosmonauts Spacewalks are broadcast live.

Regards,

Ian.

• You have to tap the screen so that the bird flaps its wings, trying to keep a steady rhythm in order to pass through the pipes scattered through its path. Flappy Bird

• https://youtube.com/live/S2U3a1xXv8k?feature=shareb

As someone has bumped this thread from earlier this year. Why! I don’t know. But as this thread has been bumped up. Here is NASA TV’s live broadcast of the Total Solar Eclipse in a small part of Australia. Again hope the link works. The central line of this Hybtid Solar Eclipse was mainly across open sea. The central line of this Hybrid Solar Eclipse just touched a remote area of the coastline of Northern Australia. Even so thousands of people where there see this Eclipse where the length of Totality was just a little more than 1 minute long at maximum. In 2024 there will be quite a lengthy period of totality of the Solar Eclipse crossing part of the USA as well as in a few other countries where the maximum lengthy of totality will be around 4 and a half minute long. The Total Solar Eclipse I saw in 1999 in Austria was just short of 2 and a half minutes. I went to Austria to see the Total Solar Eclipse as I knew it would most likely be cloudy over Cornwall as indeed it was. Since I came back in this evening I realised the link wasn’t working. The link is now working.

Regards,

Ian.

• youtube.com/.../gm0b_ijaYMQ

This was landing of the Persevance Rover broadcast from NASA headquarters live in February 2021.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=KAsoNC73uRE&feature=shareb

NASA’s Messenger spacecraft when orbiting Mercury made a lot of unexpected discoveries still not understood and not widely mentioned on TV or Radio in the UK except briefly on the Sky at Night at that time. But this was a live broadcast of a NASA press conference on NASA TV lasting just under 60 minutes long.

Regards,

Ian.

• www.youtube.com/watch

other edits are available on the webz