Total Solar Eclipse.

For anyone that has never seen a Total Solar Eclipse in person as I have after seeing the 1999 Total Solar Eclipse in Austria as I knew it would be most likely cloudy in most of Cornwall as it indeed. did happen or maybe have only seen such an Eclipse live on TV or online. I found this short film on someone’s experience of seeing a Total Solar Eclipse for the first time like myself with unbroken clear Sky’s like myself and I found this short  by accident about someone’s first experience of a Total Solar Eclipse with clear Sky’s! Notice the 365 Horizon which you see with clear Sky’s and a Total Solar Eclipse! There is a reason for that happening!

https://youtu.be/3O1foVF1QFo

Regards,

Ian.

• Why there is a 365 horizon which looks like a sunset all the way around the horizon, is because area of a Total Solar Eclipse is so narrow: Normally only aboit 60/70 miles wide and the bright 365 horizon is that is the area where there partial phase area of the Solar Eclipse and that is why you see what looks like a 365 sunset. The width of full Totality is normally around 60/70 miles wide, although you can very very occasionally get full Totality lasting much longer with the moons shadow much wider such as in 2009 when the maximum length of full totality lasted around 6 minutes 9 seconds. And in the year 2186 there will be the longest Total Solar Eclipse for more than 10,000 years lasting 7 minutes 29 seconds maximum in length. The longest possible duration of full Totality of the sun can blocked by the moon for 7 minutes 32 seconds in total.

Regards,

Ian.

• Interesting stuff Thomo. I took this of the Solar eclipse at 9.37am on 20th March 2015. It had been a bright spring day.  It was a very strange feeling - very powerful. It went cold, dark and a breeze began to blow, like it could well be the end of the world.

• https://youtu.be/75EzHHRD0Yk

Hope this link  This Solar Eclipse from 2009 was and will will be the longest Total Solar Eclipse of the 21st century lastingg 6 minutes 42 long. The longest Total Solar Eclipse of the 20th Century and was just over 7 minutes long and took in either 1971/1972/or 1973 and as i said the 2186 Total Solar Eclipse will be the longest for more than 10,000 years and will happen in 2186. I will try and find tbe link that explains why some solar eclipses are  very very occasionally, last much longer than normal!

Regards,

Ian.

• This is why the 2186 Total Solar Eclipse will be the longest for 10,000 years  in one small area, lasting 7 minutes  29 seconds long. and explains while  other area’s along the central line of totality will be a little less long!

Regards,

Ian.

• This is why the 2186 Total Solar Eclipse will be the longest for 10,000 years  in one small area, lasting 7 minutes  29 seconds long. and explains while  other area’s along the central line of totality will be a little less long!

www.solar-eclipse.info/.../

Regards,

Ian.

• A relatively rare type of Solar Eclipse is happening in 2023. But what is known as a Hybrid Solar Eclipse and how does it work? A Hybrid Solar Eclipse happens around approx every 10 years. At last the link works

https://stargazersclubwa.com.au/hybrid-solar-eclipse/

Regards,

Ian.

• youtube.com/watch

This was a 3 VR: Total Solar Eclipse Earth From Space Video recorded by the BBC around 6 minutes long.The link now works 2026 there will be another Total Solar Eclipse in some arias in Europe. But as a large part of Totality will be across open sea in 2026 For seimg the full Total Solar Eclipse on land you will either have to be in a small area of  Northern Europe or in a small area of Spain. In the UK itself it will  be partial After 2026 it will be many years until another Total Solar Eclipse happens again at least in Western Europe and possibly Eastern Europe. The next total solar eclipse in part of the UK won’t be until 2090.

Regards,

Ian.

• www.timeanddate.com/.../2026-august-12
    This shows the map of the 2026 solar eclipse and where the narrow line of full totality lies.

Regards,

Ian.

• y

youtube.com/watch
    Why a Total Solar Eclipse is a must? 11 minute talk

Regards,

Ian.

• youtube.com/watch
    And finally Brian Cox who witnessed his first Total Solar Eclipse in part of Asia around 2010 in this small excerpt from that series on BBC TV just after 2010 and this short extract from the first of episode 1.

Regards,

Ian.