I now have a cunning plan. Part two.

Hi All Birders,

Things are moving rapidly with my bird box project. Many thanks to the Gardenbirder, Mike B and Seaman for some fantastic feedback and great ideas. Thank you also to the Gardenbirder who posted about some squirrel proof plates which I can buy. Just need the funds now.

In fact I have had an email from the Beavers (thank you Mike B and Seaman). Not sure if they are the older or younger scout section, as I was B.B., offering help. I am very conscious of working at heights and would not ask any of them to go up a ladder. I have to find out how high one would have to be before a safety harness is needed. I have tree over 100 foot. More help needed.

For those that are interested I have had a meeting with a volunteer who has offered to make the boxes. He has come up with a couple of great ideas. One about the access for cleaning (anti squirrel) and he has suggested, which I had not thought of, that using offcuts to make the boxes would be more economical. After all the size will make using offcuts a massive help.

Great idea as companies like B&Q are always looking for ways to promote and advertise their green credentials.

More news soon.

Kind regards,

Hooky.