Photo’s from Washington Wetlands

Regards,

Ian.

• The photo above was taken by me around December 2018 of a Water Rail on Wader Lake from one of the 4 bird hides overlooking Wader lake at Washington Wetlands. I have seen Water Rails at different times and places over the years. Photo hust taken with my iPhone.

Regards,

Ian.

• I love the reflections on this picture Ian, we have seen a cvouple locally this year and heard their pig like squeak many times.

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• This is a Kestrel on the boundary fence of Washington Wetland’s by the River Wear by the footpath that goes alongside the Wader Lake Hides. Taken around September/October 2018 at Washington Wetlands.

Regards,

Ian.

• A couple of blasts from the past Ian, and nice ones as well for a smart device.

I agree with Pete, the water rail and its reflection are very nice.

• And above from September 2020 again just with my iPhone a Long Tailed Tit from the Woodland Birdfeeder Hide at Washington Wetlands

Regards,

Ian.

• We really must make a point of calling in at Washington on our way either to or from our Northumberland.

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• Above the Kestrel flying off from the boundary fence and again photo taken just with my iPhone.

Regards,

Ian.

• This is a Sparrowhawk taken by me again from the Hawthorn Wood Bird-Feeder Hide again in October 2020. The strange thing is that someone else had an expensive camera at the far side to me in that hide. and no one else in that hide when I took the photo of the Sparrowhawk. But just before the Sparrowhawk landed a family arrived in this Bird-Hide. And of course the children where making a noise. I try to encourage young children and families who may be starting to take an interest in wildlife. When the Sparrowhawk lander on the log at the  left hand side I wasn’t wearing my glasses and could only see a large bird land. And I knew that by the time I would take to put my glasses on and look through my Binoculars that large bird could take flight before I could see what that bird was with the noise of those two young children. So instead I very quickly enlarge the screen on my iPhone with success and hey presto it was a Sparrowhawk and of course that Sparrowhawk took off with all that noise after around 5 seconds.

Regards,

Ian.