Leighton Moss Meet-up 2022

Hello everyone.  We are hoping to book our holiday cottage for our usual visit to Wales following the Leighton Moss meet-up so which week do folks prefer for meeting at LM--possibly the week of Friday 17 June to Friday 24 June or the week after that, Friday the 24 June to Friday 1 July in 2022?  As previously, we would only be at LM for parts of a few days in whichever week, and I expect some of you would do the same or be there for the whole week--up to you of course.  Please have a quick look at your calendars and post here--because the two weeks following those weeks are still available to book a cottage we like the look of in Wales, and we'd best book something quickly or miss out!  Hope to see everyone this year if possible, and a few new forumates joining us at LM for a meet-up for some of that time would be lovely, too.  Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards, Ann

• Finally, Thursday 30th

Juvenile Chiffchaff

? Juv Sedge Warbler?

Female Mallard and her single duckling

Red Admiral amongst the reeds

?

?

Juvenile Blackcap

Treecreeper, possibly a juvenile

Unicum arbustum haud alit duos erithacos

(One bush does not shelter two Robins)

Zenodotus (3rd Century B.C.)

• Also from Thursday 30th, a mystery Warbler in the reeds near the Tim Jackson hide

I was using the 600mm lens on auto, so each time a reed moved, the focus changed. This bird has black wings and tail. No idea what it might be. I've tweeted the images and tagged RSPB Leighton Moss.

Not the greatest images by a long way, but the first one does show some feather detail

• Lovely additional photos Paul capturing the magnificent adult male and female MH activity along with catching up with the Marsh Tits again; thinking your warbler is a Chiffchaff but, as always, wait for the experts. Keep the pics coming as really wonderful to see.

post edit:   goodness you were quick with the pics .....I was still replying to second set of photos. LOL.      Will have a catch up with the rest now,  thanks for posting.

Regards, Hazel 

• Finally, Robins from Thursday 30th

Looking forward to LM meet-up in June 2023...

• Was great to see some of your pics from Leighton Moss MC, sounds as if you had a good time going somewhere different plus meeting up with old & new forumites! Quite envious, wiish I could have been there!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Looks like you got a guard of honour from the resident Robins to see you on your way, nice send offRelaxed

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• I just remembered I had a few images on my phone.

Monday 27th, one of hundreds of froglets on the pathways around the reserve

Same day on the Causeway and a Great Diving Beetle (thank you Alan)

Wednesday 29th. Tatty Robin stayed on my camera bag for about 5 minutes before flying back to his bushes.

He did leave a little gift before he departed

• Really lovely to see your pics MC and so good to put faces to people that I have "talked" to over the years. Really clear pics of the Warblers abnd Chiff Chaff, I apologise for mine before I put any up...

Lot to learn

• Here we go then, I will start with a view across the estuary at Arnside where I stayed in a b&b

So now for LMoss

First met by this lovely Grey Squirrel, not at all bothered by me standing in the visitor's area

Then of course I knew I would be seeing plenty of these

I think it could be a baby MC, what do you think

Wandering around to the left of the Reserve now looking out for Hazy and any of the forumites.

The Swan was watching me

Moving on I followed the pathway down through the reeds, very quiet although further on I did spot a family of Nuthatchers, but up in the trees and behind the leaves.

I checked out the Causeway Hide, but do they weren't there so continued on to the next Hide, and you can see how quiet it was there so I took a couple of these pics and started back.

Now you might wonder, why didn't I simply phone somebody - well ....I had been given one of these i-phoney things over Xmas and of course hadn't put Hazy's number in!!!!!!  

Thank heavens the lady at the entrance to LM had a little more sense than me and suggested I leave my number with her just in case she could pass it on.    Which of course she did, after I had done the distance!!!!!  

So a few more after meeting up with Hazy and walking around to meet up with the others.

Food at last says this little 'un

Thanks heavens Hazy is here

Off to resize some more now

Lot to learn

• A very nice start Gaynor. Looking forward to the next set.