Leighton Moss Meet-up 2022

Hello everyone.  We are hoping to book our holiday cottage for our usual visit to Wales following the Leighton Moss meet-up so which week do folks prefer for meeting at LM--possibly the week of Friday 17 June to Friday 24 June or the week after that, Friday the 24 June to Friday 1 July in 2022?  As previously, we would only be at LM for parts of a few days in whichever week, and I expect some of you would do the same or be there for the whole week--up to you of course.  Please have a quick look at your calendars and post here--because the two weeks following those weeks are still available to book a cottage we like the look of in Wales, and we'd best book something quickly or miss out!  Hope to see everyone this year if possible, and a few new forumates joining us at LM for a meet-up for some of that time would be lovely, too.  Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.

• Thanks, Hazel, for your dates for late June up near LM. All being well with regulations, the virus, etc., as I mentioned above we hope to see you on the Wednesday, Thursday and until whenever you are heading back home on the Friday. Our Wales booking does not begin until the late afternoon on the Saturday so we will not leave the area until sometime Saturday morning or possibly after lunch. Fingers crossed that a few other Forumates manage to drop by LM sometime during that week, too. But I imagine that you will be up there once (or a few times!) before the last week in June!

Mike (and 'regulars' and anyone else interested!), Hope you manage to visit LM sometime during that week. You may know that Hazel and Mike know LM very well and they can point you to those places on the reserve where they have seen various species, as well as highlighting their favourites from the cafe!
  • Thank you folks, the dates are now in my diary.

It will only be the day I'm still exploring hotels from my leg perspective, plus I think my son has something in mind as its Goodwood Festival Of Speed around that time.

• I am also booked in at the Travelodge. 4 nights from Sunday 26th (thank you Hazy). Fingers crossed all goes well between now and then.
  • Oh Paul, great to hear from you! Sounds like we will then see you on the Wednesday and possibly the Thursday before you head back south. All being well, we should arrive at our hotel late-ish on the Tuesday but we hope to meet up with everyone at LM on the Wednesday morning or certainly for lunch. Fingers crossed that regulations, the state of the virus, and everyone's health allow this Forumate meet-up this year. If you have been following Hazel's and Mike's travels you will know that they have been training the Marsh, Blue and Great Tits as well as the Robins at LM to feed from the hand again, all ready for your visit--lol! Apparently the birds had got out of the habit of taking food from human hands during the pandemic due to the lack of folks trudging around the reserve.
  • Leighton Moss 2022 meet up is almost upon us with a few forumates heading to Silverdale in N.Lancashire; In case there is anyone still able to make it next week I've jotted down prices for the Travelodge (Burton M6 Northbound, just past Carnforth) which is just ten minutes drive to the reserve. For those going, see you soon :).

Sun 26th Jun 22. £43.99
    Mon 27th Jun 22. £45.99
    Tue 28th Jun 22. £55.99
    Wed 29th Jun 22. £48.99
    Thu 30th Jun 22. £48.99
  • Thanks, Hazel, for bumping up this thread. We are very much looking forward to seeing you, Mike, and everyone else very soon! Hope anyone going by train will not be affected by the fallout from the strikes this week--might take some time for the schedules to stabilise again.
  • I'm due to travel up on Sunday morning. I've got a seat reservation on the 08.47 out of Euston. Fingers crossed it will be ok. Should get to Silverdale early afternoon.
  • I'm hoping to get there for a day, not sure which yet day yet, as next week has just had another appt added to the calendar. I've a hosp appt (date TBC) now because my leg has started to leak, again...

• Hi Mike, sorry to hear your leg is giving you more problems and hope the doctors can sort it out quickly for you; it will be great to see you if you manage to get up to LM so good luck.
  • We had hoped to get up for a day as it is less than 2 hours for us but just received an eye clinic appointment for Tuesday morning and as things are for me now I do not want to risk changing the date. The rest of the spare days are used for herding the grandsons to various does. At thr moment we are on a Tern fest in Northumberland in glorious weather.