Leighton Moss Meet-up 2022

Hello everyone.  We are hoping to book our holiday cottage for our usual visit to Wales following the Leighton Moss meet-up so which week do folks prefer for meeting at LM--possibly the week of Friday 17 June to Friday 24 June or the week after that, Friday the 24 June to Friday 1 July in 2022?  As previously, we would only be at LM for parts of a few days in whichever week, and I expect some of you would do the same or be there for the whole week--up to you of course.  Please have a quick look at your calendars and post here--because the two weeks following those weeks are still available to book a cottage we like the look of in Wales, and we'd best book something quickly or miss out!  Hope to see everyone this year if possible, and a few new forumates joining us at LM for a meet-up for some of that time would be lovely, too.  Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.

• Thanks all; enjoyed my latte. LOL. then we went for a walk down to lower hide with MC although birds were hunkering down in the strong winds; weather will be a bit mixed this week but happy to go with the flow and enjoying being out on the reserve. We took MC to a local restaurant tonight but it turned into an episode of Faulty Towers ...... first the plunger cafetière was filled too high and when I plunged the rod down we got a spouting waterfall of boiling coffee right across the table thankfully missing the three of us ! Next we were eagerly looking forward to Sunday roast beef to be told they had run out so MC had pork and Mike and I had the bog standard fish and chips ...... for a usually high standard and need to pre-book in advance to get in to this restaurant we heard complaints everywhere from patrons - at one stage they said they had run out of chips. LOL. !! back at our motel now and have put today to one side and will start over tomorrow - fingers crossed ! Bionic Zeiss eyes are working well thanks Pete although they haven't been tested too much on bird spotting today. lol. Another update tomorrow with luck :)
  • Morning all, woke up to rain but we'll be driving out soon to the reserve which is just ten minutes away and probably head into the nearest hide which is Lilian's - until the cafe opens at 9.30am ! Will report back later with all our sightings. LOL. Btw, yesterday, I did see a young (what is now thought to be) Stoat crossing the Causeway and wouldn't have seen that scamper across the path without these new eyes so they do open up possibilities :) catch ya later folks.
  • Ha, have missed this thread until this morning. I will be joining in the meet-up tomorrow, it has been a little hit and miss for the last week or so but after having talked to my son yesterday he suggested he could give me a lift from here in his transit van (or the motor bike if you like Mum)!!!!!!
    Weather will be iffy but good to see any other forumites that can make it.
  • Monsoon this morning but blue sky & sunshine this afternoon. Looks like rain Tues/Wed but nice again Thurs/Friday. Currently still on reserve & seen Marsh Harriers x 3 today. Lots of swifts/martins picking off insects. Mr Wren building nest under sky tower platform lol. All enjoyable viewing without camera Blush

• OMG, Eagles spotted in London

Not sure if you'll be able to zoom in far enough to spot them Joy

• Hope you all have a fab time....some pics would be nice so mind pack your camera Gaynor ;-)
  • Didn't realise The Eagles were still going, particularly after Don Henley went solo many years ago....

• 50th anniversary tour. Awesome even tho they're all in their 70's lol
  • Safely arrived at our hotel not long after 6pm and hope to see other meet-up folks at LM mid to late morning tomorrow.