Leighton Moss Meet-up 2022

Hello everyone.  We are hoping to book our holiday cottage for our usual visit to Wales following the Leighton Moss meet-up so which week do folks prefer for meeting at LM--possibly the week of Friday 17 June to Friday 24 June or the week after that, Friday the 24 June to Friday 1 July in 2022?  As previously, we would only be at LM for parts of a few days in whichever week, and I expect some of you would do the same or be there for the whole week--up to you of course.  Please have a quick look at your calendars and post here--because the two weeks following those weeks are still available to book a cottage we like the look of in Wales, and we'd best book something quickly or miss out!  Hope to see everyone this year if possible, and a few new forumates joining us at LM for a meet-up for some of that time would be lovely, too.  Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.

• Hi Ann, we will be happy to fit in with the majority decision on dates and are quite flexible but have looked at Travelodge room for 4 nights checking in on Sunday 26th June until checkout on Thursday 30th June. (currently on a non-refundable rate of £189.96) . Will wait to hear what others suggest.
  • Almost bird related, but not quite, we're off to see The Eagles, in Hyde Park that weekend, and are looking to book into the Hotel California Joy
  • Currently I'm unable to commit to any dates, so it wouldn't be right for me to suggest any, though I would be tempted to make a day visit weather (and leg) permitting.

However, will will follow this thread with interest so when a date is set I can put it in my diary.

• Thanks, everyone, just bumping this up in hopes that a few others will see it.

Thanks, Hazel, hope they have a room still available for you once we have some general agreement as to which week. We'll probably check first on the hotel we have used previously, being creatures of habit--lol!

PB, Considering your...ahem...history, I was (and am still!) not sure how much of your post is serious and how much is a joke! Had to consult Google and surprise, surprise, there actually is a tour and there actually is a hotel called California in London! Then had to check the date on the song (great melody by the way--but I never paid any attention to the words, never knew what they were, just hummed along) only to find that I had completely mis-remembered its age! Was I really that old when it came out?! Good grief! Thought it was at least a decade older than it is. Hey ho, the problems of being ancient--Lol! But best wishes (should you be telling us the truth!) about managing to see the show--and I would have thought that hotel would have been fully booked within minutes of the notice of the tour going out!

Mike, not to worry, no definite commitments are required. I just hope that some or all of those Forumates who have been to a Leighton Moss meet-up before can agree fairly soon on which week they are most likely to make the trip, and then you and anyone else who finds they have some time overlapping with some or all of that week are most welcome to join in (with or without giving notice here online beforehand!) Hope more folks will see this thread and tentatively pencil in those weeks as a possibility (regulations and the virus situation permitting).
  • Hi Ann, yeah, really are going to Hyde Park to see them, but not to the hotel...Travelodge (other budget hotels are available) seems reasonable, so we'll make a long weekend of it :o)

EDIT: Reasonable for London!

• Well done you, PB--you can tell us all about it once you've been. As for London prices, yep, very high and going up, especially in the last couple of years, as is almost everything else. We are members of a group which pre-pandemic met in London every couple of months near a major rail station and I dread to think what they will raise the cost of the meeting room to if they ever allow groups to meet there again. It was reasonable and do-able compared to other London venues but the future is unknowable. Plus, we will need to work out how to meet in person And to do the meetings by Zoom since our members who live too far to have attended meetings previously now know what they were missing! They will want to carry on 'attending meetings' by Zoom as they have done for most of this year--we can never go back to only doing in-person meetings.
  • Bumping this up again. Apologies for making a decision but Mr GB said we needed to book something now since one place we liked the look of had already been booked up.  We have booked a hotel T -F nights (28 June - 01 July) and plan to visit LM on the W, Th, F, and possibly Sat am; hope others can join in. We might skip the Saturday morning visit to LM and stop-off at Burton Mere or elsewhere for part of Saturday as a break on our trip to north Wales. Hazel, hope the Travelodge is still available for you that week but if not we can tell you where we will be and there may be rooms still available there. Although it is not just around the corner from LM, it is still only a short drive away, about 10 minutes.

• Unknown said:

Bumping this up again. Apologies for making a decision but Mr GB said we needed to book something now since one place we liked the look of had already been booked up.  We have booked a hotel T -F nights (28 June - 01 July) and plan to visit LM on the W, Th, F, and possibly Sat am; hope others can join in. We might skip the Saturday morning visit to LM and stop-off at Burton Mere or elsewhere for part of Saturday as a break on our trip to north Wales. Hazel, hope the Travelodge is still available for you that week but if not we can tell you where we will be and there may be rooms still available there. Although it is not just around the corner from LM, it is still only a short drive away, about 10 minutes.

In support of Ann bumping up the thread, because Covid19 is still very rampant across the world, I booked our 2022 Cornwall late summer back in early August, and by the end of August, all the places I'd been looking at are fully booked for 2022!

While LM may not be as popular as Cornwall, though I'm sure its popular enough around the area, booking could become difficult as many decide to stay in the UK for fear of Covid19 restrictions thwarting their holidays.

• Now Christmas has been and gone and 2022 is well under way, I was wondering if anyone has had any more thoughts on a date for 2022?

If its intended to have a spring/summer date, with many people staying in the UK for holidays this year, booking will probably need to be very soon to ensure room availability.

• Hi Mike, as per Ann's dates, I booked Travelodge yesterday (from Sunday 26th June until Friday 1st July 2022) Currently it is l £252.95. for 5 nights including internet on the "saver rate" No brekkie unless you want to pay extra and no cancellation unless you want to pay extra ! The Travelodge is at the Moto services so you can access Costa Coffee, Burger King, Greggs Bakers, M & S, WH,Smith, etc, on site. 20% off food (eat in or out) for Travelodge guests except at Marks & Spencers !