Lockdown photos of 2021

Many of you will have seen my garden photo thread from last year: "Post Furlough Return To Work....", and to save a thread getting too long, I  thought I'd set up one for 2021. I was hoping to make it a retirement thread, but alas, that was thwarted at the last minute just before Xmas, but nature and life still continues, and so shall I....

So here it is. The light has been, well, yuk for any decent photos, but to start things off, a few snow scenes from the garden from last Friday.

A generaly view of the garden.

The chimera, complete with coconut shell full of mealworms, which often provides good viewing, but not this day....

The established erysimum

Last years erysimum and lavender

Stay safe folks, there will be wildlife photos here soon, lockdown or no lockdown....

• Unknown said:
    Lovely garden shots

Thanks Nige

• Good stuff Mike, even if it did turn a bit x-rated towards the end!!
  • Somehow I have missed this entire thread, sorry Mike. A lovely set of photos of your featherd friends and garden, lovely to see the signs of Spring, popping through the snow. Think those Collard Doves need to get a room!!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Lynn L said:
    Somehow I have missed this entire thread, sorry Mike. A lovely set of photos of your featherd friends and garden, lovely to see the signs of Spring, popping through the snow. Think those Collard Doves need to get a room!!

No worries Ann.

• Not too many photos today, but a few.

First, for those interested, my early retirement has been approved, and I'll be retired at the end of the month. I'm a little sorry to be leaving, the dept I was working in have been good to work for, and the work has been very interesting, troubleshooting autoelectrics on prototype vehicles until my accident, when I became deskbound, and even then, they've been very good to me, enabling me to  rehabilitate back into the workplace.

Still, all good things must come to an end, and there are some big changes on the way, so it is the right time to move on, though I feel for the younger generations.

Right, less of work, and more from the garden.

The pair of crows are still a regular visitor to the garden and always a pleasure to see. These two pics were taken Monday immediatley as I came home from work

and Friday after work...

The amorous collared doves investigating the patio for food...

Saturday morning (13th) started with quite a sunrise/

Apart from the usual visitors, was a newcomer, a wagtail...

[Apologies for the poor quality, I just grabbed the camera without checking the settings, which were set for the sunrise....]

The rest of the day was too dull from a photographic light perspective for photos. However, the pond fountain, with the aid of a flashgun, had some interesting ice forms to show off....

For today, Sunday (14th), the light again was too low, though I did manage to get Cyril eating from the meal worm pot!

Didn't it taste very nice?

and back for more, though I couldn't quite see what it had in its paws, but it was definitely pointed at the end, so could have been a mealie!

Later, Cyril and sparring partner (they had been squabbling prior to the photo, and again after) on the apple trees....

Stay safe everyone

• Nice really sharp photos Mike, I liked the sunrise shots and Cyril’s antics and the pond fountain, all good stuff
  • great set of photos Mike including the flying squirrel lol

Regards, Hazel 

• Lovely photos. I love erysimum, or perennial wall flower as I know it, in my garden. As your photos show, the flowers last well into the winter! I recently had to dig up an established plant that I'd had for a couple of years. On the off chance I took a couple of cuttings from it and I'm happy to see that they are growing happily.
  • Michael B said:

Lynn L said:
    Somehow I have missed this entire thread, sorry Mike. A lovely set of photos of your featherd friends and garden, lovely to see the signs of Spring, popping through the snow. Think those Collard Doves need to get a room!!

No worries Ann.

It was CL not Ann but thanks for the reply.

Lovely set of photos, the squirrel is fab, I love the way the tail flattens up its back and curls round at the end and the next photo is really cute, almost like it is laughing at you, chewing away at whatever it found in the shell.

I am sure that once you retire that you will soon settle into new ways, for now enjoy the last couple of weeks at work and we can discuss the retirement later. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• i love robins said:
    Nice really sharp photos Mike, I liked the sunrise shots and Cyril’s antics and the pond fountain, all good stuff

Thank you ILR

Cyril and friends are endless hours of amusement here, though at times, I often feel a referee may come in handy LOL