Sunrises and Sunsets 2021: share your photos here

Last years thread provided lots of interesting and colourful photos, so I thought we'd carry it on, but for 2021. The link to last years thread: "Sunrises and Sunsets 2020; Share your photos here" if you're interested in looking back.

The photos don't all have to be of the sun rising or setting, they can be dusk, reflections from the sun in the colours that are often cast on objects.

I've a few to kickstart this years thread off, and look forward to seeing every one's contributions through the year.

New Years Day got off to a grizzly start, cloudy, drizzle and generally yuk, but the following day, we had a decent sunrise, and the colours rendered on surrounding objects just made the cold morning, pleasant.

The sunrise just kept giving, but that is the bonus of the countryside rather than an urban sunrise...

Please, feel free to share your photos here.

• Ed D said:
    Thank you Mike. :-)

You're welcome

• Sunrise this morning 30-09-2021.  Taken at 07.06am.

The pylons are further away from the house than they appear in the photo.  Hope you like it. :-)

• Another sunset tonight (10-10-2021).  Taken just outside our garden rear gate. :-)

• Nice.

Even though some days are nice and sunny, we're still enduring clouded sunrises and sunsets here.....

• Taken the other night while having a walk on the beach.

Black Rock Cornwall.

• Lucky you, Jim, to be able to walk along the beach whenever you like! Oh, and it is a lovely photo, too--thanks!
  • Thank you Ann, and yes I am lucky, we can see the sea from the back garden and there are some very nice sunsets, sadly there is a house in the way but I can send the drone up and get one from above, I am still unpacking here so not going out a lot with the camera but will be taking picutres of the stars seeing I am in a dark sky area :) so look out for these when I get things all set up and sorry for being late replying to your post.
  • Thanks, Jim, Will look forward to starry photos. And no apology necessary at all, Jim--it would be stupid and unkind of me to complain about or berate anyone else for being a bit delayed since I am the absolute worst person for replies, and I am often not just days late but weeks, months, and even years late in replying to many folks much of the time, unfortunately. A couple of cousins probably think I have fallen prey to the virus or something, since I have yet to reply to them after far too long. Not my best feature, being on time, more's the pity! And the pandemic has not improved things since so much of my communication is now long distance, even more than before it hit. At least one of those cousins would have visited last year if it had not been for the pandemic. He may not want to risk the long flight next year since he is older than I am and may be too frail by then.
  • Last night, the contrails were looking nice and pink....

With so little cloud about last night, I never anticipated a colourful urban sunset, but alas....

And blow me, if I wasn't treated to a colourful urban sunrise this morning, the first since early September, apart from the Shropshire one late September!

Gave the wide angle lens a blast as well....

I wonder how long before the next sunset or urban sunrise.....

• So apologies for the photo not being a sunset or sunrise but wanted to share this photo from my house I took as think it's colourful and worth sharing.