Some thoughts on covid 19 restrictions

• It is sounding good, Clare--do you have room for 2 more--lol! (Just joking--way too far for us, sadly, at least this year!)

Kind regards, 

Ann

• In reply to Robbo:

Robbo said:
    Not sure if things have changed, but last couple of times I've been up in that area (more than a decade ago), I had decent close ups of black guillemots.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for those - I've never seen one.  What time of year did you see them?

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• In reply to Seaman:

Wendy S said:
    On your bucket list for Mull should be raptors

Eagles and hen harriers certainly are, but anything I don't see in my part of the world will be viewed with excitement.  Hence the hoodies.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• In reply to Gardenbirder:

Gardenbirder said:
    It is sounding good, Clare--do you have room for 2 more--lol! (Just joking--way too far for us, sadly, at least this year!)

You should consider going.  It's not such a hike if you break the journey, and it's worth it to see such stunning scenery and fantastic wildlife. 

God only knows when it'll next be a good idea to go abroad.

• In reply to Clare:

Clare Bailey said:

Robbo said:
    Not sure if things have changed, but last couple of times I've been up in that area (more than a decade ago), I had decent close ups of black guillemots.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for those - I've never seen one.  What time of year did you see them?

Testing my memory, but wouldn't have been Winter. I think May was one of the trips. Possibly June the other?

• So my odds of seeing them at the end of September are a bit long. Thanks for mentioning them, though, you never know.

• I am over the moon to report that our daughter has had her first Covid jab. Yay! She is 21 with a minor heart issue.

• I had my second Pzifer jag yesterday morning, 9 weeks after the first one. So far so good just a wee ache in the upper arm. Congrats on Helen getting her first jag Clare and good luck with your holiday on Mull.

Kind regards

Jenny

• Good to know, Jenny. Limpy is due his second Pfizer dose around the end of this month while my second AstraZeneca jab will be on May 20th. Scotland seems to have a shorter gap between doses.

• In reply to Robbo:

Just walk up the road if you have time before the ferry a couple of years ago they were nesting in the walls also loads of Rock Pipits in the area. Both seem to be around the area most of the time.

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can