Bad pics of fab wildlife :)

Just because there's way too much great photography on this site...!

You know the feeling. You only got one or a few photos of it and they're not very good, but you can't bear to throw the photos away because they're all you have of that particular species. So you keep them, just until you get better ones :) We've managed to 'upgrade' some of the species below since these bad pics were taken, but not all...

Please join in! I can't be the only one who hordes terrible wildlife photos :)

Collared Flycatcher

Otter

Peregrine

and best (worst) of all, Nightjar!

• Doesn't the auto focus work when there's too much light?

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Oh dear, what a shame. It's not the autofocus but the exposure that's gone wrong.

Looking at the EXIF data I see you've got it on manual. By setting the ISO at 1600 the camera thinks it's working in very low light conditions so has over exposed. If you are going to use manual I would recommend that you put the ISO on auto (assuming your camera enables you to do that). That way it will adjust the ISO according to the light conditions and the aperture value and the exposure speed.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Thank you so much, TeeJay - I didn't notice that.  I really need to dig out a book on this camera and really get the hang of it.  I'm too dependent on auto focus!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Awww, so sorry Clare, I can imagine how dissapointed you were, I would love to see a Kingfisher at some stage so well done on that spotting.  That would have been a stunning pic, what a lovely typical Kingfisher pose,  better luck next time;  I always consider bad shots never a waste and only a help in working out settings which are forever changing with the conditions.  

Regards, Hazel 

• Gawd!  I must take a lot of bad photos as I always seem to be on this thread   LOL

and Mr. Bullfinch doing his impression of Batman, the caped crusader,  diving into the waterfall    lol

Regards, Hazel 

• Ouch, Bob!  What an amazing shot - whatever are the odds of catching something like that?

Hazy, you're on here so much because you're a comic genius!  Love the goose and the little Caped Crusader!  LOL!!!

• That's a great pic Bob, love it !    

@ Clare,  thank you :) when it comes to bad pics I end up deleting every 80 out of 100, it's just so embarrassing to get this many bad photos tagged with my name   lol

Regards, Hazel 

• I think it was one of Aiki's finest moments when she started this thread.  It has been a wonderful source of entertainment....with some fantastic birds on it, however poorly snapped!

• Morning Clare,  I totally agree, it was a great idea, so much so I have some new photos to add to it  LOL  

mayhem !

Regards, Hazel 

• Brilliant, Hazy - and that fourth shot is priceless!