Hello - Can anyone identify this bird please

Does anyone know what bird this is - I thought it was a young Pied Wagtail - as there were adults around, and it was about the same size, and it did that wagging tail thing Grinning

However when I posted the photo on the internet, I was told it was a Wheatear, it didn't look like a wheatear size to me, so if anyone can confirm for me what it is I'd appreciate that. 

Thank You 

I don't even know if this is the proper place to ask this question, sorry if it is not! 

• A young one, hence the scruffy look
  • Lovely photos, MARY :)

MaryGK said:
    I don't even know if this is the proper place to ask this question

It's a good place to attract RICHARD's attention, that's what matters Grin

I'm so far behind!  This is continuing last night's activity, and the Nightjar was back - twice!

During the second (third in the whole night) visit the "atmospheric phenomena" kicked in - I wasn't sure whether the Nightjar was slightly disturbed or it was simply enjoying scratching the odd itch.  The stream was disturbed tho, with lots of pauses.  Plus, I ended up leaving the original sound untouched, there were hardly any vocals and what there was didn't react well to adjustment.

I put notes in for people on YouTube who don't come here so...

17August

Nothing to report all day except the wind and heavy rain between 22:00 and 23:00 tonight:

• 18 August

The night continued quiet and still until a 20-minute shower from 04:00:

The wind picked up thru the day but calmed down again for the evening.

No-one seen up to midnight during a rushed run-thru.

• 19 August

No nest activity seen since the last report, right up until the Nightjar paid multi-visits in the early hours of this morning.  I think there were two but not at the same time, unfortunately.  I "did" the sound but only brought out one weak vocal that couldn't be heard on the original, and skip-listening thru several hours didn't reveal any more.

A bit after 04:00 it started raining and has continued ever since, it's looked steady and quite heavy up to where I've got, around 12:20.

• 21 August

The only bird seen - it was there morning and late afternoon - it froze in this position for a good few seconds, and the sound was glitch-glitch-glitch this morning but recovered later:

There was a 5-minute shower just after 22:00 - you can see how windy it is:

• No reports for a while because nothing to report besides the odd corvid dropping in.  This morning there was a pair on 'n off, so I plonked some snaps into a collage maker than I don't understand and here they are:

• Goodness gracious me !!!

The NIGHTJAR (or maybe different Nightjars, I can't tell on a quick run-thru) was on and off the perch between 21:30 and 00:30 in the wind and rain - more on than off !!!

It will take hours to do a video, my little heart has sunk.

Samples:

• This just covers approx the first half-hour - the Nightjar (as always, I can't say if it was the same one all the way thru, I didn't see more than one at a time) last appeared @ 02:47.