Canon EOS 1D X MkIII

I've just had a notification that the Canon 1D X MkIII is to be launched soon.

For those interested, the link below takes you to the Canon page:

https://www.canon.co.uk/cameras/eos-1d-x-mark-iii/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMItOfX5K-15QIVx7HtCh3X_Aa5EAAYASAAEgJgAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

• Paul A said:

I look at the quality of photos being produced today with current bodies and lenses and I have to wonder, do we really need to be upgrading all the time? Already the photos we produce seem to have superior apparent resolution than the human eye (certainly my eyes anyway). We manage to photograph small fast moving objects with amazing clarity and detail. I'm not saying that it wouldn't be nice to be able to instantly lock onto anything and everything we point the camera at, with ridiculous clarity, but wouldn't that be taking some of the enjoyment and challenge out of it? Admittedly, the kit I use today is far superior to the kit I was using five years ago, but where does it end? I think technique has a lot to do with it too. I look at some of the stunning wildlife photos out there (from several years ago... and more), and they still blow my attempts out of the water, even using 'dated' equipment.!! Just food for thought.!! :-)

I totally agree with what you say about the current quality etc.

It's all about creating the sales, all manufacturers, not just photographic, but automotive, home entertainment, and many more will create new models to generate sales and boost lagging profits.

• Unknown said:
    It is difficult to get out of the habit of wanting to upgrade, isn't it? Whether it's lenses or bodies (tripods or whatever). A personal hide and the time to get a lot closer might yield better results for a lot less money ... but might not be quite so exciting as taking some new kit out!

Oooo, now there's an idea, I wonder if Mrs PR will get me a personal hide for Christmas!

• Michael B said:
    It's all about creating the sales, all manufacturers, not just photographic, but automotive, home entertainment, and many more will create new models to generate sales and boost lagging profits.

Given me an idea Mike;   having sold our house and having to think about getting the new place sorted at some stage and replacing our 10 year old car ……..  we were thinking of a mid size SUV where perhaps I could convert the roof top to include safety roof bars, heavy duty tripod mount to take the newer 600mm lens (lenses are more appealing to me than the body of a camera),  camouflage cover, solar panels to provide tea making facility, lighting and heater,   comfy height adjustable twin sofa (have to make space for my Mikey !)  and Bang and Olufsen surround bird sound (outside of breeding season ! ) combining it all into one.     It's a little dangerous having the money from our recent house sale just sitting in the bank at the moment whilst we are in temporary rental as I might end up with another lens instead of carpeting   ha ha            

Regards, Hazel 

• Unknown said:
      It's a little dangerous having the money from our recent house sale just sitting in the bank at the moment whilst we are in temporary rental

I was never a greedy child, so just an EF 200mm f/2l is usm for me please. I think you have my address?

I'll have Mrs A keep an eye out for it arriving. I always did say that you were an exceptionally kind person..!! :-)

My bird photos HERE

• Paul A said:
    I was never a greedy child, so just an EF 200mm f/2l is usm for me please. I think you have my address. I'll have Mrs A keep an eye out for it arriving. I always did say that you were an exceptionally kind person..!! :-)

LOL Paul   !!!   will see what I can do.     As kids we literally couldn't afford to be greedy so continued dreaming which is no bad thing;   makes us appreciate that little more luxury these days.

Regards, Hazel 

• Unknown said:
    As kids we literally couldn't afford to be greedy

I was never a kid. We were so poor that I was 15 when I was born.!! :-)

My bird photos HERE

• LOL Paul !!

Regards, Hazel 

• Unknown said:
    lenses are more appealing to me than the body of a camera

I think I'm with you on that ... but then, I don't yet have a camera with a full frame sensor either ... hmmm ...

Unknown said:
    I might end up with another lens instead of carpeting   ha ha            

Carpets? Who needs carpets? Get some slippers!!!

Nige   Flickr

• LOL Nige ! not sure slippers would last long on concrete !

Regards, Hazel 

• Sadly its not a new lens or camera I need its a new car :( after spending about a grand on it this year it looks like it needs a new gear box :(

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group