If I lose my reply one more time..............

Sorry to have a moan, but there is one thing about this forum that is driving me mad lately. I get on-line, have a read of a thread & type a reply (not quick as I'm only one finger (2 sometimes). I tap on reply to send it & Wham, it comes up that I don't have the right to to reply. I have to sign in & start all over again. By which time I'm usually fed up. The "good old forum" didn't give you an option to type in a reply if it wasn't your group or you weren't signed in. Why oh why did they bring us all this grief!!

• My sympathies H, happens quite often to me too ... got round it by copying what I have just written before signing in & then pasting after the event, usually works & saves a great deal of hair pulling!
  • Doesn't work for me,Wendy, the text goes a funny colour once I've pressed the Reply button & computer won't do anything except go back a page!
  • Good morning Hazel,

I will raise this with our development team today. There shouldn't be a reply option present to any user if they are not logged in, but I can see that "Reply to Thread" is still showing when I tested in a logged-out state.

I will see what the team say and come back to you, as I imagine this is very frustrating.

Regards,

Elliott.
  • Really sorry Hazel, I sometimes get signed out random times and the scrolling to get to the last reply of some threads is forever frustrating ! Fortunately, like Wendy, I am able to copy and paste as I go along if I am making a long reply as it's happened to me too; assuming the short cut keys don't work for you either and you still get the strange coloured text ? Ctrl+C for copy and Ctrl_V to paste. I know funding is tight but it would be lovely to have a few more critical bits of update work done to make this site work properly. Although I won't open up that can of worms to far, I'll just continue to live in vain hope !

post edit:   I took so long to reply I x-posted with Elliott and Alan     lol        

• If they would just reinstate the "Home" button on the blue menu bar at the top of the page that would be a step forward. I don't understand the thinking on why they removed it in the first place. It's not at all obvious to newcomers that the RSPB logo is used for that purpose even when it deigns to appear.
  • Unknown said:
    the RSPB logo is used for that purpose

It is? Well that's news to me!

And, slightly off topic, even more annoying, is the size of your post not being alerted to you when you're making it too big

• Unknown said:
    Fortunately, like Wendy, I am able to copy and paste as I go along if I am making a long reply as it's happened to me too

I could do this, but never remeber until it's too late & have been refused after pressing send button! Maybe I could stick a post-it on the screen! LOL

Thanks Elliott, anything you can do to help would be great. I know I should check to see if I'm logged in before I start, but there are a lot of things I should do & don't remember until it's too late!

• It happens to me too like that Hazel, and when I realise I have to sign in again I do so and then forget what it was I had tried to say:-)
  • Hey, they've fixed it!! Thankyou so much, that's brilliant. I can only tap in a reply now if I'm signed in.
  • Oh no they haven't fixed it, did it again to me last night, came on, did a reply to message about a mystery chrysalide & when I pressed the reply button, no, I don't have to right. I signed in & gave up.