Do you think the cuts at the RSPB, are the reasons for the changes to this forum to save on money.

Do you think the cuts at the RSPB with 300 redundancies planned are the reasons for this rediculous upgrade to these forums and to save money as well.

Regards,

Ian.

• I also agree with what Bob and Alan have said.
    I agree with Bob, Ian
    Do you think the cuts at the RSPB with 300 redundancies planned are the reasons for this rediculous upgrade to these forums and to save money as well.

no problem with 3 quotes on a desktop (imac using Safari)

• I for one, and I'm sure there are many others, would much rather they hadn't introduced this change but I have to say that they do seem to have taken on board many of our comments and are trying to both fix and communicate - both of which were sadly missing last Upgrade.

I also agree with what Bob and Alan have said.

I agree with Bob, Ian

In fact this package with new software may have cost more than the old software package. 

Mmm can't seem to add more that one quote, something else for me to work on!!

• I agree with Bob, Ian

In fact this package with new software may have cost more than the old software package.

I've told them via email that they didn't take into account that the old forum layout allowed for the conversational way we all used it rather than the way most forums are used.

• Do you think the cuts at the RSPB with 300 redundancies planned are the reasons for this rediculous upgrade to these forums and to save money as well.

No I don't. I suspect that the new Forum is one of 2 things:

1: A licence or support issue as with the last change which meant that the RSPB had no choice but to change but preferred not to say so. That may also explain why the product wasn't really tested the way that it should have been if it was just meant to be a better customer experience. 

2: Someone at the RSPB had the bright idea of updating the Forums. If they had that bright idea and brought in the new Forums without looking back over everything that "the users"  thought was wrong with the old Forums and without rigorous testing of the New Forum, then perhaps that person ought to be top of the alleged redundancy list.

If the Community really was an issue I assume that they would have just dropped it and relied on the other Social Media sites that they make use of - Facebook, Twitter etc and stuck with using Blogs. Also they would not have been as quick to provide support as they have been this time. I for one, and I'm sure there are many others, would much rather they hadn't introduced this change but I have to say that they do seem to have taken on board many of our comments and are trying to both fix and communicate - both of which were sadly missing last Upgrade.