Oh My.!!

Just signed in for 1st time since new upgrade. All very confusing.!! This will take a bit of getting used to. Is there any way to know who's online at any given time? Also had over 80 notifications so have unticked almost everything 'till I can work out whats happening.!! Will try posting a photo to see what happens.

Is there anybody out there? :-)

My bird photos HERE

• Awesome shot, Paul. What parameters did you use in the upload. Funny thing is that it doesn't open when I click on it. I have to open in new tab to see it full size.

Ah the mysteries of this new forum.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Cheers, Tony. I suspect it maybe represent all of us at the moment....only just managing to keep our heads above the water.!! :-)

My bird photos HERE

• I'm using Firefox with Windows 10 & can't click on the top Seal photo, but can click on the lower Seal. What size did you take the lower photo down to Paul as it comes up bigger than my moth did?

EDIT Just seen the 3rd one & can click on that too!

Best wishes

Hazel in Southwest France

• OK. Initially I had to resize the original image to below 1MB (as specified in the warning you get if you try to post too large an image). I did this in photoshop but it could also be done in whatever program you use to process and save your photos. (or Paint would also do it if you're using windows)

Photo1. I cleared the sizes out of the dimensions boxes and loaded the photo. I then clicked on the photo (before hitting the 'reply' tab) and then dragged it in at the corners to fit the media box. I then hit 'reply' and it posted as you see it. I also can't open this image by clicking on it, but I can open it by right clicking and selecting the 'open image' option.

Photo 2. I loded the photo again but typed 800 pixels into the first box and cleared the second box (leaving it blank). I then hit 'reply' to post the photo. It has come out much smaller in the thread but I can now click on the photo to open it up.

Photo 3. The same as before but I think I may have put around 1200 pixels in the first box (clearing the second box to leave it blank). The image is larger again and I can also click on the image to open it up.

I suspect that if I clear the sizes out of both dimension boxes then click and drag the corners of the image in until it almost fills the media box, it should post the image a decent size in the thread and still allow it to be clicked on to open it up full sized.

Just going to try that to see how it goes.!!

edit: Well that failed.!!

I've now entered 1000 pixels in the first box and no number in the second box and it seems to post a decent sized image which can still be opened up to full size.

My bird photos HERE

• Great fun isn't it.    You can spend an enjoyable hour on here and not get off the one thread.     I was reading and enjoying your pics Paul and thought I would have a go at right clicking to enlarge.    Only to find it didn't work and thought I would try the smaller one only trouble is I have just a couple of the posts here now including the first photo you put up, and no more posts.    OK could be difficult to continue without losing control.    Back to the rugby methinks!!  

Lot to learn

• Aha, if you decide to leave suddenly everything appears:-):-)

Lot to learn

• Oh Gaynor you have given me a laugh amongst all this mayhem! Thanks.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• You will be able to right click to enlarge the first one Hazel

Regards, Hazel