Sponsored walk for Parkinson's UK!

I'm doing a sponsored walk in June in aid of Parkinson's UK.  Does anyone from the RSPB have any objection to my creating a thread on here with a link to my Just Giving page?  I've previously been given the thumbs up when I did the Swimathon a few years ago but I don't want to take consent for granted.

Many thanks.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Hi,

Having checked our terms and conditions, this should not be a problem, but I will if I may move this thread to the tearooms section instead.

Claire

• In reply to MrsT:

Many thanks, Claire!  That's appreciated.

How are you?

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• In reply to Clare:

Sadly Limpy was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease last year.  Parkinson's UK are organising walks in various parts of the country - on June 10th I'm going to be doing my local one at the beautiful Glemham Hall in Suffolk.  If anyone on here would like to sponsor me here is a link to my Just Giving page.

Many thanks!

• In reply to Clare:

Sorry Limpy was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease and we wish you well with your fund raising and also on the walk,  it is a very worthy cause Clare;  very best wishes to you and Limpy from us both, as always XX  

Regards, Hazel 

My Flickr. photo  link HERE 

• In reply to HAZY:

Really sorry to hear of Limpy's diagnosis of Parkinson's disease.

I am happy to help sponsor your walk for such a worthy cause and I wish both you and Limpy well.

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• In reply to TeeJay:

There are important questions to be answered though - for example, is Limpy going to provide us with the suitably embarrassing photos of you crawling over the finishing line? :-)

___

Find me on Flickr / All about your camera - The Getting off Auto Index

• In reply to Whistling Joe:

Whistling Joe said:
    is Limpy going to provide us with the suitably embarrassing photos of you crawling over the finishing line? :-)

No.  It's a walk, not a run!!

It was actually a pleasant change to see someone advertising a walk, and by remarkable coincidence it was for a charity which will directly benefit Limpy.  Most walks seems to have been replaced by runs - sadly I hate running and I'm not exactly in tip-top shape.

• In reply to Clare:

Really sorry to hear the news of Limpy's diagnosis Clare, I also wish you both well and all the best on your walk, yes please the more pics the better:-)

Lot to learn

• In reply to gaynorsl:

SS about "Ds" bad news he is an inspiration to me ever since we first met and Karen and I send our best wishes

Regards Shane

My Photos in Flickr.

• In reply to Shane:

Clare is up to £380.  Many thanks to you all and for your kind comments.

"Birds are, quite simply, little miracles - and as such they require care and consideration."

Magnus Ullman

My Flickr account is here