Another Pidge Released (Updated 24-02-18)

Today I released a post PMV Pidge named Garfield. She was not one of my rescues but Sarah let me collect Garfield for release into my garden. Garfield wasted no time in flying up to the roof where various members of the Pigeon Mafia came to say hello. She attracted the attention of one particularly frisky male. Unfortunately Garfield went across to the front of the roof so I was unable to see how things went lol

Hopefully she will return tomorrow...

Unicum arbustum haud alit duos erithacos

(One bush does not shelter two Robins)

Zenodotus (3rd Century B.C.)

• They all look so vigorously healthy MC, nowt like when you scoop up the sorry bundles from the streets, hope you are proud of your efforts?

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• I agree totally with Wendy and applaud you with your efforts which have made such a difference with the lives of those pigeons.  They all look fantastically healthy and happy.

Lot to learn

• Lovely to see all the poor, sick Pidges that are rescued, now flying high and having fun.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Thanks all. It is very satisfying when they are released and especially when they stick around or return after a few months. I'm proud of the Pidges because without their determination to live, things might be very different. Apart from Angel, I haven't really contributed to the recovery of any of my rescues. The dedication and hard work is done by Sarah at Starlight Trust, Liz at Forget Me Not and Lyn & Maggie at Pigeon Recovery. I just find them and pass them on.

• You play a huge part too Paul & we are all very proud of you, especially when you show us the family on the roof!

We've got blue skies too Hazy, forecast to stay good for 2 weeks but overnight temperatures very low, -1°C this morning & getting lower daily.

Best wishes

Hazel in Southwest France

• Thank you Hazel.

• Unknown said:
    I just find them and pass them on.

What a huge difference that makes.  It's you and very few others.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Thank you

• Yep, MC, ditto to what Everyone else mentioned!

Kind regards, Ann

• Neither of these Pidges was found by me, but this video clip is so lovely I thought I'd add it here. They are both currently with Sarah at Starlight Trust (that's her hand in the video). They had just been fed, so they aren't hungry. The larger one is Wrigley. He fell out of his nest, broke a leg (hence the designer bandage) and then got stuck on a lump of chewing gum (hence the name). He was found hopping around in the middle of the road and was picked up by a thoughtful person. The smaller Pidge is Simone. She is one of two Siblings whose parents had the audacity to nest on somebody's balcony. That somebody stamped on Simone's sibling and then threw them both into a communal waste bin, along with the nest. Fortunately, Simone was rescued. It is always best to have baby Pidges together and this video shows why. Enjoy...