All I Want For Christmas is...

OK, I hate it when people say "I want" for anything rather than "I'd like", but those are the song lyrics so I've had to make an exception :-)

We're into December now and looking out the window I can see a couple of houses are decorated already, so thoughts naturally turn to those items Santa might bring you if you've been nice enough.  One of the disadvantages of getting older is, of course, that most items are either NEEDED (so you get them immediately yourself) or are way too expensive for someone else to buy as a gift.  However, I'm sure people must have some things they've written in their letter to Santa, so share them here - it may help those of us without inspiration :-)

___

Find me on Flickr / All about your camera - The Getting off Auto Index

• Hi All.  I've just bumped up the Loch Garten Osprey Gabfest thread (don't panic--it's not about Ospreys this time!) but if you scroll up from my latest post on that thread you can see a few photos of Bente's lovely little boy!

(Still working on what I want for Christmas!)

Kind regards, Ann

• Nice one Jim,best not to aim too high until he gets used to spoiling you.

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• All I want for Christmas is to see another Spring. Touch and go when you get to my age. Failing that, good weather and good birds when I visit the Algarve over Christmas.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Unknown said:

My husband and I already have got our most desired present for this year: Our little son Karl. We are so happy that he is a strong and healthy little boy.

Most new parents I know hope for a decent night's sleep :-)  Congratulations, hopefully he'll be a next generation birder :-)

___

Find me on Flickr / All about your camera - The Getting off Auto Index

• I've two Manfrotto Tripods. The one I use most, mainly because it's difficult for me to carry a tripod of any size, is the Compact Light aluminium tripod with ball head, black.

It supports my Canon 750D complete with 300mm zoom lens comfortably.

The other one I have, which one day, when I'm able to walk unaided, is the 290 Xtra Alu 3-Section Tripod Kit with 128RC Fluid Head.

Both are superb tripods, though I have to say, the Compact Light is probably my favourite.

• Unknown said:

OK, I hate it when people say "I want" for anything rather than "I'd like", but those are the song lyrics so I've had to make an exception :-)

We're into December now and looking out the window I can see a couple of houses are decorated already, so thoughts naturally turn to those items Santa might bring you if you've been nice enough.  One of the disadvantages of getting older is, of course, that most items are either NEEDED (so you get them immediately yourself) or are way too expensive for someone else to buy as a gift.  However, I'm sure people must have some things they've written in their letter to Santa, so share them here - it may help those of us without inspiration :-)

Yes, guilty as charged, I needed that item there and then (my latest purchase, Bushnell Night Vision Binoculars that were on offer), which my long suffering wife could have bought for me, rather than ask the perennial question, "What would you like for Christmas?"

• Hello everyone,

thank you all for the good wishes for our new family, and especially thanks to Ann for the hint with our pictures. You are all so kind. Regards, Bente

• A female Robin for my resident male...

Unicum arbustum haud alit duos erithacos

(One bush does not shelter two Robins)

Zenodotus (3rd Century B.C.)

• A female Kestrel for Mr K!

Basically would like to see good health & happiness for all ... realistically for as many as humanly possible!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Agree completely, Wendy, and also, how about some good sense and far-sighted action contributing to the health and welfare of the natural environment (please will someone talk some sense about the environment into what one of my friends calls 'the orange menace' over in the White House!)....as well as wishing for survival of and for partners for all of our beloved birds!  (I suppose world peace is a wish too far, unfortunately!)

Kind regards, Ann