Bad pics of fab wildlife - part 2!

Old thread here: http://www.rspb.org.uk/community/chat/f/2542/t/22684.aspx

Because the original thread has, fittingly enough, 'gone bad', it's time for a new 'Bad pics' thread. Here, we celebrate the very worst of our wildlife photography. The subject matter is always brilliant, but the photos are very much not. If it's out of focus, chopped in half, frighteningly under- or over-exposed or terrible in some other way, it belongs here :)

Here's my first (first of many, no doubt) contribution to the new thread, a Goldcrest taken at Barnes yesterday. You need only minor incompetence to take a blurry photo, and the same to take a really under-exposed photo, but to do both in one go requires a special level of cackhandedness.

• Conwy, the swallows and housemartins were active over the shallow lagoon. By the time I'd reset the camera back to my original AF setting of eye detection and not zone, the swallows had moved on, but I did manage to catch these housemartins...

Well, almost, was a bit slow, the housemartin had long had its snack off the water surface..... 

Where did it go?  Open mouth  

There it is...

I did say bathing.....

Mr & Mrs GCG  from earlier, but from the otherside of the Deep Lagoon, only to be photobombed by a jackdaw!

More Great Crested Grebe poses....

well, until it saw a tasty fish meal....

• Very brief visit to Burton Mere Wetlands today and these Egyptian Geese were zipping around so fast I couldn't get them in frame as one resident goose was ensuring his territory remained his private domain !    

You can tell he's just a tad miffed about the other goose being there  LOL

Regards, Hazel 

• Most stunning action shots I ever saw from Egyptian Geese-that's for sure, Hazel. Congrats!!!

•    I posted this A) because it's really belonging here, being a really poor shot of two adorable Whooper Swans aka: the wildlife Stuck out tongue winking eye .... and, what is more, it being a lifer to me in the wild ( got a close up of the funny face of the Whooper swan from one ft. distance in the Berlin Animal Park (in opposition to the Berlin Zoo) ...

...But that's no wildlife- so I still regard these two as my first recorded Lifers in 2024  :)

(Ps.: This photo was not made with a not-so-smartphone- but a real digital camera, they sure were far more than 500meters= 0,31miles , less than 1000meters= 0,62 miles away, I presume)

Hugging

• Very cute and funny shots, especially the Pied Wagtails remind me of my last time in Norway, just came back this week, but plan to return soon. Never saw so many of them, many youngsters with a grey hood instead of a black, too. An they have so many Magpies there- and both like to forage on Meadows- what 's looking funny , given they're both black 'n white.

But the sometimes cheeky Maggies leave the Waggies in peace there, at least when I was looking . . .

• Not sure they qualify as bad - they really are very dynamic and dramatic,  H - you can feel the energy  - Bravo 

Cin J

• Just found this recently taken rubbish photo .......but did make me laugh as the house martin flew with its head upside down - who knew they could do that  !   LOL.   Pity it was blurred.   

Regards, Hazel 

• Oh H - that looks uncomfortable - fascinating photo

Cin J