Bad pics of fab wildlife - part 2!

Old thread here: http://www.rspb.org.uk/community/chat/f/2542/t/22684.aspx

Because the original thread has, fittingly enough, 'gone bad', it's time for a new 'Bad pics' thread. Here, we celebrate the very worst of our wildlife photography. The subject matter is always brilliant, but the photos are very much not. If it's out of focus, chopped in half, frighteningly under- or over-exposed or terrible in some other way, it belongs here :)

Here's my first (first of many, no doubt) contribution to the new thread, a Goldcrest taken at Barnes yesterday. You need only minor incompetence to take a blurry photo, and the same to take a really under-exposed photo, but to do both in one go requires a special level of cackhandedness.

• Linda257 said:
    And this one just being cheeky

Oh, I thought it was a positively rude gesture ... possibly not a fan of the paparazzi!! Slight smile

• I'm with Nige, with a plus, that's one for the neighbours. Grinning

• Lovely captures of House Sparrow action, Hazel.  Here in Berlin it's wonderful to observe them observing us, sitting in street cafés. As well that's a great spot for seeing them feeding their young, and as well still in mating /bonding business. . .

Like with the feral pigeons,  thanks to good feed supply, I wouldn't be surprised if they had a prolonged breeding period,  at least where living close to people and their left-overs (?)

Is is definitely the worst shot I ever posted in this thread for not -so-good  shots - but the tiny,  yellowish spot in the center has a story to it, I couldn't resist telling and posting this as an ( flimsy) evidence .

After several sound recordings and split -second views, over the years,  but not a single record shot,  I finally  managed to capture this - well,  you're free to choose. if you believe me , it's a golden oriole.  I was scrutinising the one or two trees,  where definitely the oriole calls came from for more than an hour. Without being able to spot the bird , probably in the thick foilage in the tree-top and me about 50m -100m away , not to disturb him /them. It happened  that a Hooded Crow  and a Raptor (can't say what Raptor , saw a Goshawk,a Eurasian Buzzard and a Black Kite in the area ) ...Well these two birds made a prolonged airfight,  reminding me of movies of WW1 airfights ... As well over and in the group of trees ,where the Oriole was perched (probably with his mate and a nest aswell).

Suddenly a rather big , yellow bird  ( definitely bigger than Great Tit), the male Oriole,  shot straight up to make a show attack , orchestrated by alarming calls ) to the two airfighters - just to retreat quickly straight back to his breeding -tree.  From this retreat is the probably  worst  shot on this thread sofarGrinWink

Bye for now,  and my very best wishes to all at rspb community 

Yours, MartUnamused

• Marvellous shot Mike ! And so often the Magpies are just gone as soon as they see the camera pointed at them .
    ( How shall they tell a cam from a gun , an arrow, etc, pp. after knowing people since a million years up to this day as their deadly enemies...even in countries like Italy or Greece I won´t bet there´s more birders than bird hunters- very sad , but I won´t have to convince anyone- here at the rspb- community ;-)
    )
  • Excellent, this Goldfinch Cannonball, Mike - great shot of  fab wildlife I´d say ;-))

• That´s a greedy ,or very choosy Great Tit, Linda 257. Lovely , and very funny shot :-))
  • Mart 1 said:

Excellent, this Goldfinch Cannonball, Mike - great shot of  fab wildlife I´d say ;-))

Thanks Mart.

Watching goldfinches in flight, it's easier to get a cannonball pic than wings spread, for they have very few wing flap, then prolonged glide through the air.

• Spot, point, focus & shoot, oh and its flown and I had a very slow shutter speed. It was a Ringlet.

• Just missed a well known chap on this forum