Bad pics of fab wildlife - part 2!

Old thread here: http://www.rspb.org.uk/community/chat/f/2542/t/22684.aspx

Because the original thread has, fittingly enough, 'gone bad', it's time for a new 'Bad pics' thread. Here, we celebrate the very worst of our wildlife photography. The subject matter is always brilliant, but the photos are very much not. If it's out of focus, chopped in half, frighteningly under- or over-exposed or terrible in some other way, it belongs here :)

Here's my first (first of many, no doubt) contribution to the new thread, a Goldcrest taken at Barnes yesterday. You need only minor incompetence to take a blurry photo, and the same to take a really under-exposed photo, but to do both in one go requires a special level of cackhandedness.

• Violet bird bubbles said:
    I hadn't seen that information from the Royal parks. Perhaps it is only a matter of time then before they have the same situation at Kensington gardens

I think Kensington Gardens are part of the collection of Royal Parks so assume they will also have the same rules.    

Regards, Hazel 

• Still quite foggy here although slowly clearing.    Impossible to take photos this morning as I could hardly see the courtyard gate 3 metres in front of me !    

So you get bad pics instead today ………………    one is a bit special though as the Tree Sparrows were here for the fat-cake.    This is how bad it was !!

Air Canada fly over:

Tree spudgies ………….  very grainy shots as it was so gloomy/foggy and I didn't dare open the door to take these or they may have flown

Regards, Hazel 

• Ah yes, of course it would be! The latest message only appears to refer to Regent's Park though? I had a quick look at Kensington Gardens section and didn't see anything regarding feeding the birds. I guess they certainly don't encourage it wasn't listed as a to-do feature!
  • Good to see you're getting Tree Sparrows, Hazel. That's something you didn't get at your previous house

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Unknown said:
    Good to see you're getting Tree Sparrows, Hazel. That's something you didn't get at your previous house

Only saw a singleton at The Laurels on three occasions that I saw;   strange as we didn't get the more common house sparrows !        We're less than three miles from where we used to live.

Regards, Hazel 

• Just in case you see this Tony,  referring to the bad pic I put up 30th December    they had a DNA sample analysed on the Siberian Stonechat at Ashton's Flash and confirmed it was   .....

Siberian Stonechat, Ashton's Flash, Cheshire      -            Current 1st-winter male confirmed as maurus from DNA analysis.

Regards, Hazel 

• Hazel, How did they get a DNA sample? Did the bird die or did someone find a feather or poo or...?

Kind regards, Ann

• Unknown said:
    How did they get a DNA sample? Did the bird die or did someone find a feather or poo or...?

Not sure Ann but bird still around in same area so it was either from a feather or the droppings.

Regards, Hazel 

• I know who's back this is - do you, although it's probably not too hard to fathom ?

This LTT just ducked down as I pressed the shutter but nice wings  !! 

Regards, Hazel 

• One of these days I will get a diving duck arching over the water with just its beak in the water and not its whole head!

Nige   Flickr