Bad pics of fab wildlife - part 2!

• I suppose it's not the end of the world, but that out of focus twig covering the bird's feet completely ruins it for me!

Nige   Flickr

• I have loads of these and many worse ... definitely a fab bird but always a twig or three (or an entire bush) in the way and in such a dark spot it was almost impossible to freeze rapid movement

Nige   Flickr

• lol Nige, I can still recognise this beauty so not a bad shot but a lovely reflection. They have such a distinctive tail but when it comes to their piercing albeit unique sound I always feel like I need ear defenders for the decibel level !

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• Oddly, it wasn't using the signature tune most of the time. It was obviously the same notes, and the same volume, but sung in a sort of random manner, so it was still unmistakable even if you couldn't see it. Half the time, I could tell exactly where it was and was amazed I still couldn't see it. I don't know how they do it unless they can throw their voice!!

Nige   Flickr

• A tufted duck that decided to turn just as the picture was being taken!

Very anti-social..... 

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• Only I could get a bird winking with it's third eyelid!

Comparison shot 1 second earlier

•   juvenile Goldies foraging on my balcony

•  this younster undoubtfully has enough agressive potential to come through the winter ...

he´s just turning his agression in the wrong direction this time- it was me who forgot to fill up the feeder and run out of sunflowerhearts over the weekend,,,

(sundays shops are closed over here)

• Lovely photos Mart showing the charm of Goldfinch ! such pretty birds and nice to see they've had a good breeding season..    Not bad pics at all !

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again"