Bad pics of fab wildlife - part 2!

• The last thing I expected to see was a Buzzard swooping down to nick the scraps put out for the Kites. Took me completely by surprise.

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• In reply to TeeJay:

wow Tony,  those shots aren't bad at all considering you were taken by surprise with little time to grab pics;    what a fantastic bird to have swoop down so close - I'd keep the chicken scraps going with camera on standby  lol    

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• Wow is right!  Perhaps you can persuade it to come back when you are doing your Big Garden Bird Watch, TJ; I don't imagine many folk will have a Buzzard on their list!

Kind regards, 

Ann

• A lovely surprise … and I'm sure it will keep you busy for the coming days keeping an eye out in case it returns

Nige   Flickr

• Well, at least I saw a Bittern. I did actually see the whole thing but, of course, as soon as I thought to try and photograph it, it disappeared!!

Nige   Flickr

• In reply to Nigel O:

lol, Nigel!  At least you saw it!

Kind regards, 

Ann

• Only slightly fuzzy 

CinJ 

Cin J

• In reply to Germain:

Better than not at all C ... is very cute!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• In reply to Mike B:

A couple of a wood pigeon falling from a feeder, then going back for more.

Sadly the autofocus didn't quite capture the moment clearly enough....

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• Hmmm- the thing I'm beginning to realise is that my brain filters out the boring bits (Canada goose and branches in the foreground) - so why did I think the camera knew I was focussing on the 2 male mandarins just behind? Doh!

Karen B Suffolk