No: 43 species visits the garden - A KINGFISHER !!

Bet you do guess right though  !!      

Just sorting out a few pics of our latest garden visitor and got to say I nearly dropped my cup of coffee  lol       Grabbed camera, no time to change settings except up the ISO as it was dark and gloomy outside and had to take pics through window.  

Ok.............    what was it ?           I'll post pics shortly   lol  

Regards, Hazel 

• Well done Hazel what a tick for the garden guess the next forumite gathering will have to be at your place or Red Kite watching at TJ's lol.

Regards Shane

My Photos in Flickr.

• lol Wendy !    

@ lol Shane, thanks so much - it just goes to show what we must miss in the garden.  To be honest, I thought I needed Specsavers at the time   lol    

Regards, Hazel 

• LOL @ Lolly,   I didn't believe it myself until I reviewed the pics to make sure I wasn't still dreaming  !

Regards, Hazel 

• B****y H***. Doesnt get any better...Ever.

Ripples Waterlife.Pond & coldwater fish. Lots of outlets your way.They do online too. I dont think K are too fussy.They just have to be small & move around. Downside - Heron punctured pond liners;Cats;predators? Upside - Pretty fish to admire. :-)   p.s. K`s are the only subject I`ll talk about with coarse fishing anglers- They know everything about baiting by the way!

• Lucky, lucky you - I'd have probably forgotten to take the lens cap off or found some other way of completely messing up the pictures ;-)

"Let loose the Kraken!"

• lol @ Edge and Stuart

the miraculous thing was that I had only just chased away two large Wood-pigeons from that area so talk about good timing !   I'm still thinking it was all a figment of my imagination so glad I got quick pics.   Maybe i should take a look at Ripples Waterlife  and get a few fish but Mr Heron would probably stay by the side of the pond all day and scare off the other birds lol     I better go find a nice strong oak twig and stick it over the pond   ha ha !!

Regards, Hazel 

• Fantastic, Hazy!  That's what I call a garden visitor.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Thanks Clare,   it's like a quote from Forest Gump ........

"Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."    lol

Regards, Hazel 

• It's a huge WOW from me too, I'd be shaking for a week.   Well done on some brilliant captures Hazy.  I bet you have some creatures in there that have caught it's attention, I wonder will it come back.

Lot to learn

• Evening Gaynor and many thanks.   I think the pond attracted it but unfortunately we don't have any fish so not sure we'll ever see it again :(    I think it was a chance in a few hundred thousand that it called in for a brief visit but a real thrill to see as you can imagine !  There are pond skaters and water-boatmen in the pond but think it was hoping for a nice managable size stickleback  lol    

Regards, Hazel