No: 43 species visits the garden - A KINGFISHER !!

Bet you do guess right though  !!      

Just sorting out a few pics of our latest garden visitor and got to say I nearly dropped my cup of coffee  lol       Grabbed camera, no time to change settings except up the ISO as it was dark and gloomy outside and had to take pics through window.  

Ok.............    what was it ?           I'll post pics shortly   lol  

Regards, Hazel 

• Kingfisher eh...? I wonder if that would take mealies from my hand?

Unicum arbustum haud alit duos erithacos

(One bush does not shelter two Robins)

Zenodotus (3rd Century B.C.)

• Hi Pete and MC,

I must admit it was totally unexpected as you can imagine to see a KF in the garden;  I was wondering where it came from as we do have a mere (inaccessible) further down our road behind some houses and of course we have the huge Tatton Park and meres just 2 miles away.    I kept thinking if only it had found a fish in the pond it might have thought about returning but I think that is probably the once and only time I will ever see a KF in the garden !  

@ MC  it would take a stickleback or minnow from your hand - try sardines  lol

Regards, Hazel 

• Unknown said:
    try sardines  lol

Better on toast but might have to fight Chris for her share !!

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• Wendy S said:
    Better on toast but might have to fight Chris for her share !!

lol,   haven't had sardines on toast for years but better at lunchtime than for supper - a bit like kippers for breakfast .......  but I couldn't stand the smell of them cooking in the kitchen lol 

Regards, Hazel