Watercolour again- this time it's meaner

Hi

here's a traced down pencil drawing

S

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box

• Here's some neutral tint to give it 3 dimensions

S

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box

• In reply to seymouraves:

Here's some naples yellow and sepia

S

Here's  some raw sienna and more definition

Time to hoover while it dries 

S

Wet the paper with  clean water around the bird with a large-ish ( mop) brush - get prosecco from fridge

prepare Caerulean blue, Naples yellow and neutral tint in watercolour pans

open prosecco

start with CB at the top- add in NY around the bird then add NT in a few random places

Drink prosecco as it dries- finish off with hair drier if necessary

S

• Blimey, you hoover quickly Seymour!!
    Great insight into your process, super picture
  • Interesting to see how you create these beautiful works of art; btw, you're going to need a larger fridge when the forumates turn up to watch you work your magic on the paper ..... if there's any Prosecco you haven't hoovered up yet  !

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• Lovely stuff and nice to see the carious stages.

Nige   Flickr

• I find it fascinating the way you've posted this one and its great to see the detail you add each time to it. I love the dabble of colour you added to the bird.

Lovely S, it is good to see how you get to the end result. You made quick work of that hoovering, were you just as quick with the Prosecco!!! Thanks

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Can I ask what sort of colour is sepia. I received for my birthday recently a 60 colour set of acrylic paints but I have never seen a colour called sepia before.