Jumbled up Jigsaw's #1

Hi folks. I got some jigsaw puzzles for Christmas but I've accidentally thrown out all of the boxes and now I don't know what the finished article should look like.!! :-(  Perhaps you could help me finish the puzzle by working out which type of bird it is so I can look it up in my bird book. I may then be able to complete the jigsaw and then move onto the next one :-) I've managed to complete most of this one so maybe it'll not be as difficult to work out as some of the other ones I've yet to build. Please remember though, it's just for fun.!!

My bird photos HERE

• saw one of these the other day at Burton Mere so would be cheating if I joined in   lol   !   

post edit:      on closer look mine doesn't have such yellow legs so the jury is still out  !!!  lol

Regards, Hazel 

• I’ve been a bit busy this evening (was making homemade soup with one of those Ham thingy’s), but after staring at the jigsaw for a while I’ve managed to work out where another few pieces fit in. I think that we’re possibly half-way to working out what the bird could be, and I do wonder if Hazy could be correct in thinking that the jigsaw bird has unusually bright legs, much more so than would normally found on these birds. Is it just me or is there a lovely elegant slight upward curve to the bird’s bill as well? I’m sure we’ll work this one out soon and I’ll hopefully get my table back to build another jigsaw.!! :-)

My bird photos HERE

• Melancholic thingy ... or something like that???

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• I'll give a last few hints before putting everyone out of their misery (admittedly not the easiest of birds if you haven't seen one before)...(even if you have seen one before).!! :-)

Paul A said:
    pallor changing with the slightest hint of envy

My bird photos HERE

• Last one.

Paul A said:
    one of those Ham thingy’s

My bird photos HERE

• Greenshank (sounds a lot better than greenhock or greenbone which were first things to mind Lol!!)

No, never seen one but no excuse really!!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Greenshank was my first thought as thet do have such bright legs, but I thought your legs looked a bit short. Sorry Paul, not your legs, the waders! LOL

Best wishes

Hazel in Southwest France

• A Greenshank.!! That would never have crossed my mind…..but now that you mention it.!! :-) I’ve now completed my jigsaw puzzle and can perhaps get to work on another one. Maybe if I run into difficulties I may ask for help in completing it. I’ve added a shot of the completed puzzle for you. Thanks to everyone for all of your help with this. :-)

A shot of an uncannily similar looking bird taken at Loch Leven in August.

Hazel C said:
    I thought your legs looked a bit short

Whilst not exactly short, my legs are actually bright Yellow and they do bend backwards at the knees; plays havok with the kilt y'know.!!

My bird photos HERE

• Not exactly short legs, just a long Sporran!!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• In stitches now at the mental image of your 'dayglow'legs with backward kneecaps protruding from the hem of your kilt PA ... Wheres' ya trooooosers?

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr