Good eggs - moving forward poll

In response to the concerns about our plans with this scheme I have constructed the below poll to canvass opinion across the community regarding the future of the Good Egg scheme. It will be run for a week and will remain sticky during this time. Please cast your vote and make constructive comments if appropriate. If more than one choice is applicable, tell us in a comment below.

Warden Intern at Otmoor.

• JudiM, the poll was up for 2 hours and 4 minutes when you said it looked silly, I hope you will give it a chance, it is going to run for a week as a sticky, as I announced in the first post, so hopefully it will look less silly and contain a more representative number of voters at the end and give us some idea of the general feeling regards taking this forward. Thanks

Warden Intern at Otmoor.

• MC, no worries, the icons came back as an unexpected part of the upgrade, some people got them, some people didn't. This has caused some degree of unrest as we plan on removing them all from posts but have now conceded that we will leave them on peoples profiles. That's it in a nutshell.

Warden Intern at Otmoor.

• Unknown said:

MC if anyone deserves one you do for all the rescues you've done, you put all us good eggs in the shade.

Dunno about a Good "Egg" award - not sure if even MC has got involved THAT early!! :-)
    Foster parent of the year maybe?

___

Find me on Flickr / All about your camera - The Getting off Auto Index

• This certainly seems to be a 'hot topic' right now. What exactly are/were the criteria for the Good Egg Award? Until recently I knew little or nothing about it and would not know how or why I should nominate someone. Overall the concept seems to be a valid one. Maybe it just needs the review which you are currently undertaking? It isn't always clear how things such as this work. With a little patience I'm sure most people will be happy in the end.

Unicum arbustum haud alit duos erithacos

(One bush does not shelter two Robins)

Zenodotus (3rd Century B.C.)

• Ho, ho, Whistling Joe!  But I agree that MC deserves an award for rescuing all those birds this year!

Kind regards, Ann

• Unknown said:

MC if anyone deserves one you do for all the rescues you've done, you put all us good eggs in the shade.

Dunno about a Good "Egg" award - not sure if even MC has got involved THAT early!! :-)
    Foster parent of the year maybe?

[/quote]

I beg(g) to differ...

Two Good Eggs for the price of one! Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you Al and Lyle!

Unicum arbustum haud alit duos erithacos

(One bush does not shelter two Robins)

Zenodotus (3rd Century B.C.)

• hahahaha!!  OK, fair cop :-)

___

Find me on Flickr / All about your camera - The Getting off Auto Index

• Ian H said:
    the icons came back as an unexpected part of the upgrade, some people got them, some people didn't. This has caused some degree of unrest as we plan on removing them all from posts but have now conceded that we will leave them on peoples profiles. That's it in a nutshell.

If the Good Egg badges will be staying, can I suggest that they are turned into a link to a thread that (a) briefly explains what they were, and (b) provides details of who won on which dates, with links to the threads that announced each win. Both this thread, and the announcement threads could be closed to further comments if desired.

This would allow new members to find out what the badges were awarded for (I know that I've already tried hovering over the badges to see if they are a link like the icons by peoples names), and I'm sure that others will try the same.

• Will existing Good Eggs retain their icon if the scheme were to finish as per the first option in the poll?

Cheers, Linda.

See my photos on Flickr

• I think this is just an enormous distraction and the team should be focussing on getting this forum working properly.

I do think the present GE scheme has run its course especially as the criteria for its award changed half way through its life from general good work to one good post. As far as I'm aware the icon has never appeared against poster's names since the last upgrade and it's only now because of a glitch in the software that they've popped up and all this kerfuffle has started.

As a recipient myself I do understand that people value these awards. I'm not sure who suggested it but I think putting the icon in people's profiles is a good compromise. That way they continue to be recognised for their contibution to the Community and it will give the Mods time to come up with a replacement scheme should such be needed.

Can't we put this to bed and get on with trying to help the Mods and Techies develop the forum which at the moment is far too complicated and user unfriendly.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream