Goldfinches

https://youtube.com/shorts/hGocnVB8ylY?si=nt9XeTydeNUlqKJK

Hi. New here - hope it is ok to post here

Goldfinches in abundance on my feeders this morning 

• Yeah I have done it several time Wendy ...a tad messy lol and then gotta cook for ma foxes and badgers...oh and the family lol

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• No mess if you wear cheap disposable gloves! Thinking

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Must admit I haven't tried that. I have made homemade suet balls before but never mixed with plain flour. I might give it a go. Anything to save a penny. I think my goldfinches have been spoiled with sunflower chips tbh. I have added a couple of nyjer seed feeders which have had some interest
  • Welcome Chris from up in Caithness, at the very top of Scotland. A lovely set up for the charm of Goldfinches that you have there. As Wendy said, home made pastry is good to make, easy as well, use shop own brand flour and fat, don't add too much water, it will get too sticky, once you have left it a while in the fridge, you can add suet, dried fruits, grated apple, crushed peanuts, bird seed, grated cheese, anything that you may have at home. You can put pieces into feeders, or coconut shells, empty yoghurt pots or similar, add string to hang. You can take pieces and squeeze them round branches in the trees or bushes, where they branch together, they love it. Good luck .

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.