Invertrevretes in the garden this afternoon

• Until recently Eels were regular in our area, mainly in the River Ure many miles above thr tidal stretch which ends some miles above York. They were always considered a pest by anglers as their slime made a mess of anglers line and were very difficult to unhook. I am not sure what their population is like herr now as nobody seems interested in them

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• In reply to ItisaRobbo:

Sorry I havnt replied for a day or two. I don’t want to put anyone down but Iv just Had some sad news that my fish in my pond has died I don’t know if they have for sure or not but someone told me. They did live a long time though. But The good news is that theres a frog in my pond Which might of been a tadpole from the other  frogs I had last year but I don’t know how much are actually in there though.

For the eel I found out that  Slimbridge that overlooks the Severn estuary are only getting adult eels and no young eels and they don’t know why but there trying to do something about that 

https://www.wwt.org.uk/discover-wetlands/wetland-wildlife/european-eel/

• In reply to Seaman:

Perhaps it’s cause of what they done to help the eels at the River Ouse that they aren’t interested  in the eels at the  River Ure

• In reply to Mike B:

Am I putting people off my posts abit? I’m just wondering cause when Iv been I been catching up with people’s posts my posts have been getting pushed down. Another reason they been pushed down is cause lots of people have been commenting on more popular posts and the more popular posts have been  shooting up very fast recently. So cause of that my posts have been geting pushed down very fast. Iv had to push my posts back up a couple of times cause of how fast there being pushed down. One of my posts yesterday got pushed down to page 2 which I had to push up this morning. Even if im busy I don’t mimd people commenting or acknowledgeing my posts But if I havnt replied for a long time it’s just cause i havnt seen it yet. I don’t want people to think I’m ignoring there posts cause I’m not ignoreing them and I will answer when I see them exspeacialy if they havnt been pushed too far down. Yesterday I got some really good close ups of a Bumblebee and it was my very first photo of a tree Bumblebee.

• In reply to Mike B:

I don’t know weather you managed to see this one or not cause it’s been pushed so far Down But would you like to see the frog that popped up in my pond recently?

community.rspb.org.uk/.../wildlife-in-the-pond
  • Im going to Pitville Park this afternoon. they have a fishing lake, and a Wild area aswell.
  • In reply to Zo Clark:

Zo Clark said:

Am I putting people off my posts abit? I’m just wondering cause when Iv been I been catching up with people’s posts my posts have been getting pushed down. Another reason they been pushed down is cause lots of people have been commenting on more popular posts and the more popular posts have been  shooting up very fast recently. So cause of that my posts have been geting pushed down very fast. Iv had to push my posts back up a couple of times cause of how fast there being pushed down. One of my posts yesterday got pushed down to page 2 which I had to push up this morning. Even if im busy I don’t mimd people commenting or acknowledgeing my posts But if I havnt replied for a long time it’s just cause i havnt seen it yet. I don’t want people to think I’m ignoring there posts cause I’m not ignoreing them and I will answer when I see them exspeacialy if they havnt been pushed too far down. Yesterday I got some really good close ups of a Bumblebee and it was my very first photo of a tree Bumblebee.

I don't think you are putting people off, I get a lot of posts not commented on and I know when looking through, there are a god many others in a similar scenario. When you look at how many views some posts get, and how many replies, or even likes that post can get, it can be very disproportionate.

Without getting too technical, I am aware that sometimes a post will get read by a person more than once, and I guess the software counter (when its working properly) will count that as a view rather than return view, which could place a very different perspective on ratios.

There is also the times when posts simply do not show in the index page. Recently I read a post from someone that had in the title Part 2, but no Part 1 was showing. I found Part 1 by going to that persons profile and searching their activity. There are those who when they post a Pt2, include the link to Pt1, and if any subsequent posts are added, then all previous ones will also have links included, which I think is good and  helpful.

Also, the forum is currently very active, which is nice to see and with quite a few new members who are interacting in a very positive way.

A lot of people lead busy lives and time becomes very precious, particularly if you've a family, and even those retired, some will often wonder how they managed to find time to go to work, I'm finding the same, but in a positive way, keeping active while also doing my bit around the home, and still being an active father, even though my son has long left home and self sufficient.

But I wouldn't have it any other way.

In answer to your initial question, I don't think you've anything to worry about.

You do a lot of research and share a lot of very interesting and informative facts.

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• In reply to Zo Clark:

Zo Clark said:
    I don’t know weather you managed to see this one or not cause it’s been pushed so far Down But would you like to see the frog that popped up in my pond recently?

community.rspb.org.uk/.../wildlife-in-the-pond

I do like frogs, and I hadn't seen that post, but I have now.  

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• In reply to Mike B:

I know. It was just that most of my posts were getting pushed down very very quickly before anyone could see them. And if I bumped them back up they would get pushed all the way back down again to where they were originally too quickly for people to keep up even I struggled to keep up. and whenever I bumped mine up someone else’s post would would come up that was very popular so mine then got overlooked in the jumble and get pushed all the way back down again which resulted in a lot of people only seeing or commenting on other posts instead. cause mine was harder to see. but I wasn’t sure if my comments were putting people off my posts. And I was haveing a bad day that day too. And lots of things were going wrong during my day that day so I thought it would be worth asking. Thanks for letting me know Im not putting people off.