Something odd on Community pages & Notifications!

• In reply to Mike B:

Or perhaps more down to neglect and they are trying to wind down our community in favour of social media :-(

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• I have had none of these problems viewing the forum on my Samsung tablet via Chrome browser!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• In reply to WendyBartter:

Wow...that's good to hear its not affecting everyone Wendy...in my notifications it says...Gaynor replied to Dunnocks thread 5 hours ago....it was infact 14 hours ago!!...even just refreshing the home page is rather slow

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• In reply to WendyBartter:

WendyBartter said:
    I have had none of these problems viewing the forum on my Samsung tablet via Chrome browser!

I am using my Samsung tablet but their own Samsung browser (to be honest never knew it existed, it was when I started to load all my favourites and bookmarks from my old ipad and it was setting as Samsung), I opened up the community with Chrome and it is the same. There are now 27 notifications, which will probability be correct, but posts still show as latest on the  first forum page and some still have no views but replies! 

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Some posts are being duplicated, which sometimes happened on a "start of the month" wobble.....

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• In reply to Mike B:

Another thought, the final stages of number crunching for the Big Garden Bird Watch count, the big reveal I think is Sunday10th April, which may be draining available online/server resources.

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• In reply to Mike B:

Maybe. those might one of the reasons
  • The view thing seems to have gone back to normal

• In reply to Zo Clark:

Not quite back to normal, though I'm sure it will, but in the interim, it'll still have its wobbles.

I vaguely recall a similar scenario last year in the final run up to the BGBW 2021 count reveal, but I've too many posts to trawl back through to confirm.

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• I had not thought much about the work overload at this time of year, I only considered that when people were inputting garden bird watch sightings. I hsve only noticed the problem with the "latest " message since it has been mentioned on this thread. For me the forum has always run slow worse on this tablet than on the laptop but as other sites seem to run normal I just thought it was my set up when I first joined the forum which seems like a lifetime ago

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can