New camera not working!

MY new RSPB wildlife camera power button is continuously flashing very fast and making a ticking sound (please, no wisecracks!) - I followed the instructions to set it up yesterday and all appeared to go well - but today it won't even switch on again after switching off to remove card, to try resetting it. I have owned three wildlife cams before, all different makes, and this one was the easiest to set-up I found - so looked forward to some good results according to the reviews - which are why I chose it. I know they can come with problems but I didn't expect to fall at the first fence. Batteries and card all new.

Thank you for any ideas.

• celia padvis said:

MY new RSPB wildlife camera power button is continuously flashing very fast and making a ticking sound (please, no wisecracks!) - I followed the instructions to set it up yesterday and all appeared to go well - but today it won't even switch on again after switching off to remove card, to try resetting it. I have owned three wildlife cams before, all different makes, and this one was the easiest to set-up I found - so looked forward to some good results according to the reviews - which are why I chose it. I know they can come with problems but I didn't expect to fall at the first fence. Batteries and card all new.

Thank you for any ideas.

End of Quote***************************************************************

Obviously faulty so return it without delay or speak to wherever you got it from.

• Thanks for that, it was my first thought as checked the batteries - and all fine. I just wanted to ask around about it
    first. I did also think - those reviews are so good . . . but if anyone's going to get a dud . . .
  • It doesn't sound healthy, so likely faulty - worth just making sure about the batteries though. Make sure you're not using rechargeables - assuming it takes AA cells anyway. The voltage of those is lower than Lithium or Alkaline batteries and can produce odd symptoms (hence them not being recommended for trailcams). Also try another SD card just in case that's iffy. If neither of those is the problem, unfortunately you've got a dud

___

Find me on Flickr / All about your camera - The Getting off Auto Index