Nature on Your Doorstep Community

A place to learn, share and inspire others to create a haven for you and for wildlife.

Sign In or Register to join the conversation

Bird Photographs

I love watching the birds and other wildlife in my garden, and take a lot of pictures. I would like to share a few of them with you! I have thousands and thousands, and so obviously can't show them all, but here are just a couple of my favourites to get you started. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do! :)

This is my first time here on this forum and so I have no idea how I'm supposed to use it - apologies if I've done anything wrong!

• Unknown said:

Hi Anna,

Again more lovely photos!

We had a racing pigeon that came in once, we named him Schumacher! He was black and white and stayed for a couple of weeks feeding from the feeder, quite tame.  One day I came out to find him perched on the back of the garden chair right near the back door watching me.  So I chatted away to him (as you do) and he then flew off.  We never saw him again.  I'd like to think he was waiting to say goodbye in a silly sentimental kind of way.....but when I saw the rather large deposit he'd left on the chair...mmmm perhaps not!

We did have photos of him but alas we lost these when our hard drive failed.

Haha....Schumacher, that's a bit better than the name I gave this one, all it seemed to do whenever I saw it was eat....so I called it Piggy! It was an affectionate term though, I loved that pigeon! I do hope it found its way home again. Oh a hard-drive failure....I know the pain that can bring, my external hard-drive got knocked off the desk by one of my dogs and broken into several pieces, I lost countless treasured photos :(

• Hello again everyone! I know this doesn't really fit in this thread, but I didn't feel I ought to start a new one just to tell you this!

I love to sketch animals - be they inspired by my own photographs or by images in books/magazines etc. - and as such I have added pictures of some of my sketches to my own personal gallery on here - I hope you enjoy them! Still don't know how to link to it so again, just go to my profile page and look at my gallery from there! Thank you :)

• Anonymous
    Anonymous 24/10/2009 05:02 in reply to AnnaBanana

Hi Anna

As well as the lovely artistic photographs here,

I love the sketch of your Lapwing on your Profile

Did you do that one yourself

Can we see a full blown one of the same bird (unless it is on the Gallery pictures)

Regards

Kathy and Dave

• Nicki C said:

Hi Anna

As well as the lovely artistic photographs here,

I love the sketch of your Lapwing on your Profile

Did you do that one yourself

Can we see a full blown one of the same bird (unless it is on the Gallery pictures)

Regards

Kathy and Dave

Thank you very much! The lapwing is indeed now in my own gallery, as are a few others too - but to save you looking, here it is again (and yes, I did it myself)   :)

• Hi Anna,

Really lovely sketches, hope to see some more when you do them.