Nature on Your Doorstep Community

A place to learn, share and inspire others to create a haven for you and for wildlife.

Sign In or Register to join the conversation

• Wonderful collection, Norfolk Dipper. 1 x cute and fluffy, 1 x action shot to die for and 1 x one of my favourite birds. Ever since a kid I have always loved puffins. I think it's because they really look rather comical when flying. So many shots of them show that "spread-eagled ready to crash-land / bellyflop" position.

Squirrel

• Gorgeous pics Scottthehat!! Love them all!

I went down the 'bridge camera' route after getting fed up with having all the different lenses back in the 'film' days! In one camera, which fits in my bag, so comes everywhere with me, I have wide angle, telephoto and macro! It may never compete with the DSLR quality but I'm more than pleased with the results!! (I have an Olympus SP590 by the way!)

• Squirrel B said:

Wonderful collection, Norfolk Dipper. 1 x cute and fluffy, 1 x action shot to die for and 1 x one of my favourite birds. Ever since a kid I have always loved puffins. I think it's because they really look rather comical when flying. So many shots of them show that "spread-eagled ready to crash-land / bellyflop" position.

Squirrel

Thanks.

The cute and fluffy is an Arctic Tern chick, had to be careful not to tread on these, they were all over the place.

I know what you mean about puffins, they just ask to be photographed, and when we were on the Farne Islands it was probably more difficult not to include a puffin in the picture.  This is another picture I took the same day, unfortunately it is a bit dull, and the clousy background is a bit dissapointing but really pleased with the composition, almost as if the bird is asking "Room for one more?"

• Aahhhhh... lovely. Thank you - that's exactly the shot I meant. I see what you mean about "room for one more?". During programmes such as Autumnwatch, many times I see ledges and cliffs so crowded with birds it never fails to amaze me that another manages to land without a few falling off!

Squirrel

• More stunning pics from you all - glad to see my favourite (the wren) in there. Also love the puffins, Norfolk Dipper, and was that a long-tailed tit above the wren picture? Great shot!

• Cartimandua said:

More stunning pics from you all - glad to see my favourite (the wren) in there. Also love the puffins, Norfolk Dipper, and was that a long-tailed tit above the wren picture? Great shot!

thanks for the nice comment, and it is a long tailed tit, i get lots lost count at about 50 about a month ago all at the same time,

• "and it is a long tailed tit, i get lots lost count at about 50 about a month ago all at the same time"

I'm jealous, I used to get about half a dozen but they've not been around here for over a year.

Squirrel

• All so beautuful , colourful and great.  Thanks

• Good to look back sometimes on the older works of members of this community they maybe could learn us a thing or two yas