Nature on Your Doorstep Community

A place to learn, share and inspire others to create a haven for you and for wildlife.

Sign In or Register to join the conversation

Nice Little visitor

Never had a redwing visit my garden before. Dont think the robin was too happy!

• I also get a number of the feral pigeons visiting, they don't seem to get on to the feeders but clean up underneath which suits me fine:-) The Starlings and the Goldfinches make such a mess when they eat.
  • The pigeons seem to swing from my feeders so the seeds drop on the ground and they don't tend to leave until the feeders are empty or get spooked by me opening the door. I have tried everything also the magpies are increasing uo to about 15 at anyone time Confused
  • You could try fixing your feeders with two hanging baskets tied together with cable ties, it works a treat as they can't get to the feeders inside. I had to go down that route one year as the Starlings were eating everything. 15 Magpies, blimey that is a lot.
  • Its usually about same number of pigeons too! .That must be about the only thing I havent tried! Sounds good as I have resorted to only puting out peanuts now which all the little variety of tits love and the woodpeckers. Starling numbers have dropped to about 6 visiting now