Simply Spiders

• In reply to HAZY:

As long as I don't get asked to move out whilst place is fumigated!! Lol

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• In reply to WendyBartter:

Great close up  Wendy, smiley face as well:-)

Lot to learn

• For some reason this Spider thread has beenabandoned, with Spiders being posted on the Insect thread! Quelle horreur! Where has your discipline gone forumites!

Here's one you don't get in the UK, sits on flowers waiting for it's victims, & there was a field full the other day. It's called "Synema globosum" or Napoleon Spider

Best wishes

Hazel in the Gironde estuary, France

• Nice spot and even with prey. Not typically a UK resident I think, although while looking them up, I did see a report of one found in Scotland a few years ago.

As for your quote "For some reason this Spider thread has been abandoned, with Spiders being posted on the Insect thread! Quelle horreur! Where has your discipline gone forumites!"

Without actually checking I thought I was one of the few who used it last year (along with you), so this year, when you started the insect thread saying welcome to include spiders there, I did decide to abandon this one as I assumed you would too. I don't actually see too many different species but as long as we put them somewhere  :)

One the regulars I see is the Long-jawed Orb-weaver (Tetragnatha sp) like this recent example (underside as it hangs from a horizontal web)

and from the side

Nige   Flickr

• Nigel said " when you started the insect thread saying welcome to include spiders there, I did decide to abandon this one as I assumed you would too".
    Oh dear, I forgot I said that, must be my age! The main thing is to put them somewhere like you said, (probably out the door if they are big & hairy).

P.S. Also forgot to say that your photos are great as usual!

Best wishes

Hazel in the Gironde estuary, France